We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Indigo?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
28 posts
102 reviews
Hotel Indigo?

Hi!! Looking for any feedback on Hotel Indigo. There are only 5 reviews on TA. I only booked it because I'll also be staying at their Harrisburg location.

Is it nice? Upscale boutique? Or more holiday inn style? Is there area around the hotel safe?

Thanks!!

8 replies to this topic
US
Level Contributor
6,008 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Indigo?

?? There are 319 reviews on Trip Advisor. Average 4.5 stars. Google has a bunch of reviews too.

The hotel is in a gentrifying neighborhood but closer to a lot of established businesses. Tons of good restaurants in walking distance. It’s be a safe place to stay. Obviously one should always use common sense and make smart choices when traveling (don’t stand on the street with your wallet open of take dark alleys at 2am). :)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Hotel Indigo?

With only 5 reviews, my guess is you found the Hotel Indigo Technology Center which opened a few weeks ago (if that).

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Hotel Indigo?

There are two Hotel Indigos in Pittsburgh. The one bchbetha describes is in the East End, a neighborhood that has undergone gentrification and has restaurants and bars close by. It’s beem open for a few years.

The newest Indigo is located near the Hot Metal Bridge adjacent to the Southside Works. Just opened this summer Also in close proximity to restaurants and bars.

Indigo is IHG’s boutique line. We’ve stayed in several (NYC, Chicago, Barcelona) and liked them all.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Hotel Indigo?

For some reason my edit doesn’t hold,,, if you have booked the Technology Center one, be aware that there is nothing around it but Office/research buildings.. so nothing walkable without a decent hike across the river. If there is a shuttle, that’s fine, but don’t expect since walk around the neighborhood after dinner. Do a google map street view and you will see what I mean

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Hotel Indigo?

Well it’s about half a mile across the very walkable Hot Metal Bridge to the Haufbrauhaus or Cheesecake Factory (not that I’m recommending the later) and a few more blocks to the Double Wide Grill (1 mike total) with Over the Bar, Emiliano’s and some fast food places in between. Plus Waffles Incaffinated (yum!) if they’re looking for breakfast.

US
Level Contributor
6,008 posts
37 reviews
6. Re: Hotel Indigo?

That’s right. Sorry about that.

I’m sure the new one is fine. It isn’t in the best spot for walking around (can’t walk right out the door and be somewhere interesting). And, some rooms basically have a view of the highway. Easy access to Oakland and downtown is a plus so it depends what you’re planning to do on the trip. The Hyatt House across the river would be my pick over that one.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Hotel Indigo?

And the Double Wide Grill is a definite great place to go!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
28 posts
102 reviews
8. Re: Hotel Indigo?

Thanks for all the help! I ended up keeping the reservation. As said above, this hotel is located near business buildings and not near anything at all. It worked out ok for us because we were only there for one night to see Taylor Swift. We left the next morning for Hershey. Hotel was clean and brand new. Only open about a month.

Reply to: Hotel Indigo?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pittsburgh
Recent Conversations