We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling between venues during the regatta

New Jersey
Level Contributor
414 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling between venues during the regatta

Hello! We travelled from NJ so our daughter could attend a camp this week. Just found out about the regatta that will be happening this weekend. We will not be able to make it to Point State Park until camp ends at 3:30. I imagine parking will be impossible. We are staying in Shadyside. Should we just Uber? We may want to check out the stare park as well as the north shore venue. I don't see information on shuttle service between venues.

Mentioned in this post
Point State Park
Point State Park
755 Reviews
Pittsburgh, PA
Shadyside
Shadyside
151 Reviews
Pittsburgh, PA
5 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Level Contributor
414 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling between venues during the regatta

Oh, our last day in town will be tomorrow.

US
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling between venues during the regatta

Park at the First Avenue garage. Take the free T light rail to either the Gateway Center stop and walk to Point State Park or to Gen. Robinson station on the North Shore (close to PNC Park). You can walk across The Ft Duquesne Bridge- a direct walk between venues. The 1st Ave garage doesn’t cost a ton and rarely fills up. I’d do that instead of Uber.

Mentioned in this post
Point State Park
Point State Park
755 Reviews
Pittsburgh, PA
PNC Park
PNC Park
5,583 Reviews
Pittsburgh, PA
Saxton
Level Contributor
31 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling between venues during the regatta

Agree with parking at 1st Avenue garage.

Level Contributor
26 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling between venues during the regatta

I would park at Gateway Center. It’s the closest to the Point. After 3:30 today (Friday) lots of workers will be leaving the garage so I would think that it won’t be full. It’s a short walk to the Point State Park. From there, I would just walk to the Northshore. It’s an easy walk via The Three Rivers Heritage Trail (pedestrian bridge along side the Fort Duquesne Bridge that spans the river). You can access the trail from Point State Park (Google parking in Pittsburgh. You’ll see the Gateway Center garage on the map. Then you’ll see how close it is the point & zoom in on the bridge. You’ll see the pedestrian trail running along side the trail. We walked it last week. Honestly it’s an easy walk across the river. Scenic too.). You may see me, my wife has a lease at the Gateway Garage. We’re heading down at 1:30pm.. ha ha.

Mentioned in this post
Point State Park
Point State Park
755 Reviews
Pittsburgh, PA
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
New Jersey
Level Contributor
414 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling between venues during the regatta

Thanks for the info! If the weather doesn't clear up today, we may stop there before heading home.

Reply to: Travelling between venues during the regatta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted