We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ravens Vs Steelers

2 posts
Save Topic
Ravens Vs Steelers

My wife and kids bought me tickets to the 9-30-18 Sunday Night Football for my 50th Birthday this past May 13th I would like to make this a real special trip me and my son will arrive on the 27th in the morning and leaving on the 1st. We are from California I have been a Steeler Fan since 1976.Do to acute myeloid leukemia my wife passed on May 18th unexpectedly. She was at my 50th Birthday party 5 days prior. To honor her I want to make sure we do all the special things that not only visitors but locals as well. We are from Bakersfid California the Home of Joey Porter and Jeramey Statt. So anyone that's a Local out there to the City of Pittsburgh please chim in. We do plan on driving to the Hall of fame in Canton besides that we hope we get some good recommendations from this post. Also if anyone knows how we can meet James Conner since he had a similar Cancer I would love to tell him our story

TIA

Mentioned in this post
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
4 replies to this topic
US
Level Contributor
5,202 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ravens Vs Steelers

Sounds like a bittersweet trip.

You should visit the Heinz History Center. All of it is great but I think you’ll especially enjoy the sports section.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ravens Vs Steelers

I’m so sorry for your loss. Extra incentive for the Steelers to destroy the Ravens. Go up to Mount Washington and enjoy the skyline. Ride the incline to get there. Have a meal at Primanti Bros. Walk around the Strip District and find a good meal for some polish or Italian food. Or check out Jerome Bettis’s Restaurant. If you want a pricier meal out I suggest the Grand Concourse. I just love the big dining room and the atmosphere, and the food is great. You could go to the Warhol Museum, Phipps conservatory, or catch a play downtown. I second the history center mentioned in other post.

Make sure you save time before the game to wander Heinz Field and walk along the river outside to take in the view. There are exhibits you’ll enjoy roaming through if it’s your first time there. Oh, and there are a ton of stores around town that sell Steelers gear. I’m sure you will need to stock up while there. It will be everywhere. CVS to fan shops to grocery stores to Walmart.

Mentioned in this post
Mount Washington
Mount Washington
2,660 Reviews
Pittsburgh, PA
Primanti Bros.
Primanti Bros.
2,878 Reviews
Pittsburgh, PA
The Strip District
The Strip District
2,583 Reviews
Pittsburgh, PA
Grand Concourse
Grand Concourse
987 Reviews
Pittsburgh, PA
Heinz Field
Heinz Field
1,859 Reviews
Pittsburgh, PA
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ravens Vs Steelers

Thanks alot. More than likely I'm going to extend my trip to make sure I take it all in. Especially when we Detroy the Ravens.My wife pick that game because she knows it's a superbowl type atmosphere and a truly hated rivalry

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ravens Vs Steelers

Sincerest condolences for your loss. I hope you enjoy your visit to Pittsburgh. I would also suggest taking a trip on the Just Ducky tour or Gateway Clipper and see the city from the rivers. That time of year you will hopefully have good weather and the leaves will be starting to turn.

Mentioned in this post
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
Reply to: Ravens Vs Steelers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted