We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steeler's Camp - --- Latrobe, PA

Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Steeler's Camp - --- Latrobe, PA

I am from Canton OH and am looking for somewhere to stop on our way to Nags Head. I just happen to have a 9 year old that would do back flips if we stopped on the way at Latrobe for a sneak peak at the Steelers training camp. Now that I have an idea I need help bringing it to life!

Can anyone give me some detailed info about the camp and where to stay? I would like to take him during the day, maybe try to get an autograph : ) Are there specific times to go? Our trip is in mid-July. The Steeler's website just says that camp is free to go to but doesn't say anything else. Would I be wasting our time. Has anyone done this before?

latrobe
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Steeler's Camp - --- Latrobe, PA

If you contact St Vincent College, they have a bulletin that lists times for practice, and autographs etc. The closet place to stay is at the Wingate, on route 30. It's just 5 minutes away. We went to Bella Pasta, latrobe for dinner. Great food, huge menu, & outdoor dining.

latrobe
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Steeler's Camp - --- Latrobe, PA

If you contact St Vincent College, they have a bulletin that lists times for practice, and autographs etc. The closet place to stay is at the Wingate, on route 30. It's just 5 minutes away. We went to Bella Pasta, latrobe for dinner. Great food, huge menu, & outdoor dining.

Pittsburgh, PA...
Level Contributor
262 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Steeler's Camp - --- Latrobe, PA

I can't give you specific recommendations on lodging, but Latrobe isn't too big, so anywhere you stay in or near Latrobe will be only a short drive to camp. They have some autograph sessions, but only on specific days if I recall correctly. But that doesn't mean you won't be able to get an autograph. I can't imagine that you would find it to be a waste of time, if your son is a Steelers fan. On the contrary, he will probably say he would rather stay there than continue on to Nags Head.

Here is a link to information on last year's training camp, mentioning the best way to get autographs:

kdka.com/steelerstrainingcamp/local_story_19…

With a new head coach, the daily practice schedule may be different, but I doubt it will be significantly different because training camp traditions are such an ingrained part of Steeler's football, and any new coach that messed with that would be run out of town on a rail.

Training camp in Latrobe is covered as a top story on the local Pittsburgh news, every single day of training camp, so it will be a major media event while you are there. Enjoy!

Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Steeler's Camp - --- Latrobe, PA

Thank you so much! I know I wrote that post back in '06, but I never ended up going last year. So hopefully we can go this year! If you hear any new info on the 2007 training camp please let me know! Thanks again!

5. Re: Steeler's Camp - --- Latrobe, PA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Latrobe
Recent Conversations