We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking: Chickie's Rock overlook to White Cliffs of Conoy

New Jersey
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
Hiking: Chickie's Rock overlook to White Cliffs of Conoy

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to hike (and if so, how long) between the Chickie's Rock overlook trail and the White Cliffs of Conoy? I've been doing some searching online and have seen a few people mention doing these two back to back, but I don't know if they're hiking from one ot the other or driving, biking, etc.

I can't figure out how far apart they are or even an address or location to enter into the GPS to get me there. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking: Chickie's Rock overlook to White Cliffs of Conoy

It seems like it's possible via the Northwest Lancaster County River Trail?

traillink.com/trail/northwest-lancaster-coun…

These reviews have some GPS coordinates:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

Good luck! I'd love to hear how it goes!

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster County
Lancaster County
Pennsylvania
Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking: Chickie's Rock overlook to White Cliffs of Conoy

The spur trail off of the river trail does not go to what most people consider the Overlook. The Chiques Trail is part of the river trail. However, the Chickie's Rock Overlook Trail is separate loop at a higher elevation. The Chiques trail spur, does go to a nice overlook point.

They are very close to each other, however. You will likely see climbers that use the cliffs that support the overlook when you are on the river trail.

Neither is a difficult hike. Since the entrances are so close, many people do them both in the same day. Many bike the river trail, but you must hike the overlook.

3. Re: Hiking: Chickie's Rock overlook to White Cliffs of Conoy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2017, 09:48