We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amish Country

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Amish Country

What is the best way to get a taste of Amish country, in one day, without it being to touristy? No long tours or visiting touristy landmarks. Thanks

Lehman, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
38 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Amish Country

If you have a gps system for your return, I would reccomend simply driving through the backroads. You'll be amazed by the beautiful scenery you will encouter. You'll also discover little shops that are off the beaten path as well.

Morris County, NJ
Level Contributor
698 posts
765 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Amish Country

We took an Amish farmhouse tour several years ago. I got a lot out of it. I thought it would be a tourist trap but after going on the tour, I walked away with a lot of respect for the Amish.

Canada
Level Contributor
582 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Amish Country

Great info here!

14. Re: Amish Country

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 01:12