We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner with Amish family

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Dinner with Amish family

We are a family of five with kids 8, 10 and 12 who will be in Intercourse April 12-14. We would love the experience of visiting an Amish family. Any ideas how to arrange that will be appreciated!

PA dutch country
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Dinner with Amish family

I would suggest checking the old posts about dinner with the Amish. Many good suggestions and connections.

PA dutch country
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Dinner with Amish family

I would suggest checking the old posts about dinner with the Amish. Many good suggestions and connections.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Dinner with Amish family

Thanks for the advice. As a start I contacted our hotel in Intercourse. They replied that dinner with an Amish family is no longer an option because of government health requirements introduced after tourists got sick from eating in an Amish home. Is this really the case, or have anyone had better luck in arranging this recently? Thanks!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Dinner with Amish family

Thanks for the advice. As a start I contacted our hotel in Intercourse. They replied that dinner with an Amish family is no longer an option because of government health requirements introduced after tourists got sick from eating in an Amish home. Is this really the case, or have anyone had better luck in arranging this recently? Thanks!

Get answers to your questions about Lancaster
Recent Conversations