We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lancaster amtrak parking

Tennessee
4 posts
lancaster amtrak parking

Leaving Sunday May 2, 2010 from Lancaster Amtrak to NYC. Could anyone advise me of the parking situation at the station? WIll need to leave car for three nights. Is it secure and plentiful? Is there another option? Thanks for your help.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: lancaster amtrak parking

Yes, there is a secure lot on-site. Probably "adequate" better describes it than "plentiful."

One option if you want to avoid the charge is to park in the Rodeway Inn parking lot on Keller Ave., just over the bridge from the train station. Park along the western edge of the lot. This is where a lot of bus tours pick up & discharge their passengers, and cars are often parked here overnight.

Tennessee
4 posts
2. Re: lancaster amtrak parking

Thanks for your help!

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
216 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: lancaster amtrak parking

LLTennessee

I would agree with daddio361 on the description of the onsite parking as adequate it is an outdoor lot next to the train station, where if I remember correctly, living in lancaster I have never had to use the lot, it is 5 dollars a day.

What I will not agree with is the other option daddio361 described I would never leave my vehicle in the parking lot of Rodeway Inn or recommend to anyone doing so for any period of time.

Despite being in a fine part of town that hotel for some reason or another is just bad news. I frequent a vietnamese restaurant right up the street on a weekly basis and have seen police at the hotel numerous times.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: lancaster amtrak parking

..and daddio will agree with whowants2travel that the Rodeway Inn is not only a "dump" but a nuisance property. Like the area surrounding the train station itself, (you can throw a stone from one to the other), this is not IMO a "fine area," and I think that's what plagues this hotel property.

Some locals would probably say..."better to not park anywhere in this area, 'secure lot' or not", but oddly enough, Lancaster has recently had a rash of car break-ins in (surprise) some of the most upscale residential areas in the same township. For example, several break-ins were just reported today in the Eden Resort parking lot and also the Overlook Activities Center, two places I would never had thought twice about parking.

So go figure....maybe while the thieves are concentrating on the less likely upscale areas, your best bet might be to stay clear of them...in which case the Rodeway would be just the opposite!

Seriously, though, you can't outguess car theives...always leave no valuables in plain sight in your car.

5. Re: lancaster amtrak parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2010, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Lancaster
Recent Conversations