We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet Hours

2 posts
Save Topic
Quiet Hours

I am looking into renting a house for a bachelor party this summer for a weekend. I have read that Kidder Township has a noise ordinance which enforces "quiet hours" between 10 PM and 7 AM. Does anyone know how strictly that is enforced usually? I don't plan on us waking the neighborhood up and I realize we'd be guests in someone else's town. However I would like us to be able to laugh, hang out and play music on the deck past 10 PM if possible.

If it helps we're looking at a place about a mile inland from Lake Harmony.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Mentioned in this post
Lake Harmony
Lake Harmony
Pocono Mountains Region, PA
2 replies to this topic
York
Level Contributor
545 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet Hours

The operative question is how well you know your neighbors. One call and you're out of business.

hudson valley
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet Hours

I's probably worth noting that with groups you can all be fairly quiet as individuals and still get fairly loud. If you want to play music and have a bunch of people having several different conversations there's a good chance you'll be loud enough for somebody to make that call.

I'm guessing "a mile inland" means you'd be towards the outskirts of the development, but you'd probably still have neighbors within 100' or so. They might be neighbors who stay up late, or they could be people who want to getup early and go out to play, but they're almost certainly neighbors who will hear yo unless you're fairly quiet. If you want to have a party it would be good to find a place that's much more isolated.

Reply to: Quiet Hours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lake Harmony