We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split Rock Resort

Prince George...
Level Contributor
48 posts
209 reviews
Save Topic
Split Rock Resort

We will be staying at the Willowbrook at Split Rock in the Spring. We are well aware of the shaky reviews, but want to make the best of it because that is what's available with our timeshare exchange. We will be traveling with tweens and a senior, but want to avoid some of the money pitfalls /gimmicks. Recommendations on activities and best ways to purchase? Recommendations on good places to eat (especially off grounds)? Good hikes? Grocery stores? I saw something about a toll trap arriving there? (We will be coming from the south.)

2 replies to this topic
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
290 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Split Rock Resort

Never stayed at Split Rock so can't help you there.

For hiking, check out Hickory Run State Park. Very cool glacial boulder field there that you can walk across.

You are also about 30 -40 minutes from Tannersville, PA with has The Crossings Outlet stores and some really good restaurants in the area - If you like beer, Barley Creek Brewing Company is the place to hit.

Check on Groupon for deals in the area.

Coming up from Virginia, one route you could take would lead you to the PA Turnpike (Interstate 476 North) which is a toll road. To get there you have to take I-95 and going to/through Philadelphia. Traffic in that area is a headache so I would swing north at DC to I 495 and I 270 to miss Philly and the Turnpike.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Split Rock Resort

We just came back. Stayed in Westwood, which was not good for many reasons...you can read my review. But to answer your questions, we were at the Willowbrook to do laundry... Our location was broken. There is no coin machine, soap machine or chairs. You need quarters...6 to wash and 4 to dry. As we were sitting in the lobby waiting, we could hear voices from the rooms. Loud. The Towne Center is nice, but can be expensive. The Waterpark is $35 each, and you must have your own towel, and there wasn't a whole lot for our 13-year-old. He enjoyed the free inside pool more. The gym is also free and nice. Bowling is $8 a game but get there early to sign up. Kids can play arcade games while they wait but many are disfunctional. Also enjoyed basketball, ping pong and pool (all free.) Bingo is fun...3 cards for $10. And I think 8 for $20. But go earlier in the week because prizes are "money" that can only be spent at the resort. There is a pretty extensive gift shop and breakfast/ice cream shop. Ice cream is good. The resort gives you a discount book when u arrive and offers a 15% discount for waterpark. He also went fishing in a stocked pond...free unless you catch something. Pole rentals are $7.50. The area is pretty. We went to the House of Candles and The Antique Village...very close to each other and about 20 minutes away. Very nice. Jim Thorpe is also very nice but check hours. There are many brochures in the lobby. The Walmart Superstore is about 25 minutes away. That is where we bought the pillows and pillow cases that saved our vacation. There is a closer grocery store less than 10 minutes up the road which is big and probably will have any food and drink you need. Also a WaWa for gas and convenient store food (there sweet cream cheese stuffed pretzels are to die for!) Hope this helps!

Reply to: Split Rock Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lake Harmony