We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo?

R J
Level Contributor
136 posts
Solo?

Hi I am looking for a relaxing getaway and have always wanted to go to LHI. Would it be enjoyable on my own, or better to wait until I can convince someone to join?

Oz
Level Contributor
14,763 posts
50 reviews
1. Re: Solo?

Hi,

Absolutely. There's plenty to do.

Cheers,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
635 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Solo?

You'll be fine solo. Bike around the island, admire the views, walk on the beach. If you climb Mt Gower you will go up in a small group / with a guide anyway.

If you prefer company when snorkelling, treat yourself to a tour, there are some good ones and you'll get to see more with a local.

Bon voyage!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,558 posts
204 reviews
3. Re: Solo?

It's a great place to go solo.

The pace is relaxed and friendly and people strike up conversations with you.

The 4 location lagoon snorkel is a good trip to go solo.

SE Pa
Level Contributor
654 posts
4. Re: Solo?

OK, you've convinced me. I will join you. Just send airfare and dates.

Lord Howe Island...
Level Contributor
17 posts
5. Re: Solo?

Hi Rju,

Lord Howe Island is a fabulous destination for a relaxing holiday. As a solo traveller, you will find plenty to do to fill in your days, from snorkelling in pristine waters to hiking through endemic forests, bird watching, bike riding, swimming and much more. For more information please see our website at www.lordhoweisland.info.

We look forward to seeing you out on the island soon,

Kind regards,

The Lord Howe Island Visitors Centre

6. Re: Solo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2018, 12:47
Get answers to your questions about Lord Howe Island