We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi price T5 to Premier Inn 420 Bath Road

Falkirk District...
Level Contributor
733 posts
459 reviews
Taxi price T5 to Premier Inn 420 Bath Road

Travelling T5 to Premier Inn 420 Bath Road then to T3 next day.

We don't want to take a bus as "more mature!" and will have a lot of luggage. Any idea of prices so we have right cash ready for taxi?

thanks

9 replies to this topic
Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
44,299 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: Taxi price T5 to Premier Inn 420 Bath Road

A taxi will charge what he can for these journeys and some might even refuse such a short journey even though they are not supposed to. If you can get one to take you then maybe £10-£15 for the first journey and £15 to £20 for the second.

The Hoppa bus drops and picks up from the hotel and each terminal and costs £5 per person per journey.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7,337 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Taxi price T5 to Premier Inn 420 Bath Road

Expect to hear some choice old English words.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
9,709 posts
219 reviews
3. Re: Taxi price T5 to Premier Inn 420 Bath Road

There is a PI in T5. We stayed there and reviewed. You don't leave the building.

Edited: 09 May 2018, 06:26
Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
44,299 posts
54 reviews
4. Re: Taxi price T5 to Premier Inn 420 Bath Road

The only hotel in T5 is a Sofitel. There is a Premier Inn located adjacent to T4. Maybe Mike was thinking of that?

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
9,709 posts
219 reviews
5. Re: Taxi price T5 to Premier Inn 420 Bath Road

Nope. It's in T5.

You come out of the arrivals hall and take the lift to the next level and there is a covered walkway to the hotel. (We were there Sept 2017 it wasn't that obvious where to go until someone pointed it out to us).

There are signs in the walkway counting down how much further to go. I think it took us 10 minutes all up with cases and that was coming off a 12 hour flight.

Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,683 posts
448 reviews
6. Re: Taxi price T5 to Premier Inn 420 Bath Road

Mike, I think your memory is playing tricks - there is indeed a designated “Premier Inn Terminal 5” except it’s not AT Terminal 5 but a just over a mile away on Bath Road. Currently the only PI within walking distance of a Heathrow Terminal is at T4.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
9,709 posts
219 reviews
7. Re: Taxi price T5 to Premier Inn 420 Bath Road

In September 2017 We got off a China Southern plane in T5 (I am sure) and walked to the hotel in 10 minutes. We had originally been booked in the Bath Rd PI, but the the T5 hotel had opened since we booked it. We walked away from the Bath Rd booking (we had got it super cheap) just to save the hassle.

…tripadvisor.co.nz/Hotel_Review-g191261-d233…

However I am prepared to acknowledge that I live 1/2 world away and may have got it wrong. We were hoping to return next May and will be disappointed if we got it wrong. :)

Falkirk District...
Level Contributor
733 posts
459 reviews
8. Re: Taxi price T5 to Premier Inn 420 Bath Road

I think you are mistaken re Terminal 5. It is only British Airways that use it. We are coming from Edinburgh to T5 in the evening and then flying them to Denver next day. Unfortunately Denver is one of the few flights which British Airways fly from T3. We looked carefully and the only hotel in T5 is Sofitel which is out of our price league so picked PI near there instead.

Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,683 posts
448 reviews
9. Re: Taxi price T5 to Premier Inn 420 Bath Road

Currently China Southern uses T4 so that does tie in with it being the reasonably new T4 PI that is a short walk along a covered walkway....

https:/…

Edited: 11 May 2018, 13:30
Reply to: Taxi price T5 to Premier Inn 420 Bath Road
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted