We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with airport hotel THIS saturday

Oregon
Level Contributor
474 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with airport hotel THIS saturday

HI....We are traveling home on Saturday from Athens. We are travilng on British Airways to LAX via LHR with a 12 hour layover at LHR. We would like to book a hotel close to the airport and I found one I like. However, I am not sure what terminal we will be in. How do I find out that information? Do we arrive and leave out of the same terminal when the layover is that long? Are there hotels with shuttles to the airport and back?

Also, we are in London for 12 hours, albeit at Night and would like to see, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and perhaps ride the London Eye. Is this possible to do before midnight? And how would we go about doing that? Taxi for a few hours?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

3 replies to this topic
Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
10,918 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with airport hotel THIS saturday

There only hotels AT those terminals which are on the airport periphery but there is a Network of free buses.

AFAIK you will be in and out of Terminal 5 which does have an adjacent (walkable) hotel but there are dozens within relatively easy reach.

Here’s a summary https:/…heathrow_hotels_t5.html

Hatfield, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with airport hotel THIS saturday

The website mentioned above has one (minor) error - the pod transfer system is free.

T5 is exclusively BA so your flight from Athens will arrive there and the flight to LA will depart from there too.

Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
10,918 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with airport hotel THIS saturday

But the question was asked 11 months ago, it’s unlikely the OP is still mulling on their choice?

Reply to: Help with airport hotel THIS saturday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted