We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B's in Calne?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
90 reviews
B&B's in Calne?

Are there any good b&b's in Calne, plse? Or is it better to stay in a local hotel?

Also, recommendations for evening meals?

Thanks !

16 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
43,482 posts
104 reviews
11. Re: B&B's in Calne?

And I did..all finished and spanking new. The menu doesn't look particularly exciting but the service was very friendly. Maybe because I was the only customer!

Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,935 posts
449 reviews
12. Re: B&B's in Calne?

I assume you got the "customer of the day" award. New management always seem to find it hard just to pick up where the last ones left off. i drove past on Monday evening around 1930hrs and there were a fair few (10+?) cars in the car park, perhaps word is spreading you were there?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
43,482 posts
104 reviews
13. Re: B&B's in Calne?

I drove past this morning, the car park was half full...mainly vans.....maybe that's their sideline....

I was told they were extremely busy the last two weeks, locals popping in to check the layout and the new management...the landlord had an odd accent..maybe South African?

Also checked out the new landlords at Raising Sun in Bowden Hill...the food was pretty good and the service excellent...but there was only one person when we got in at 7pm, maybe that's the best time to pay a call;)

14. Re: B&B's in Calne?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2017, 07:27

15. Re: B&B's in Calne?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 July 2017, 03:35

16. Re: B&B's in Calne?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 July 2017, 03:35

Reply to: B&B's in Calne?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Calne
Recent Conversations