We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inner Circle Tour from London to Stonehenge

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
293 reviews
Inner Circle Tour from London to Stonehenge

I am trying to find a good reputable company to bring me to Stonehenge for a inner circle tour from London. I want to also go to Oxford and Windsor Castle. Looks like Stonehenge Tours just sends you to different tour operators so I am looking for a reputable one. Has anyone used some good out of London? Thank you for your responses in advance.

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,733 Reviews
from US$ 121.80*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,272 Reviews
from US$ 124.50*
Best Seller
Stonehenge and Bath Day Trip from...
561 Reviews
from US$ 84.80*
Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,402 posts
441 reviews
1. Re: Inner Circle Tour from London to Stonehenge

Can't help from London.

But you could get the train from Waterloo to Salisbury (and back!) and take a tour picking up outside Salisbury station.....http://www.thestonehengetour.info/route

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,475 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Inner Circle Tour from London to Stonehenge

Not for the inner circle (special access) tours you can't Peter. Those operate at dawn or dusk when the tour bus from Salisbury is not running. In addition, most of the tickets for them get gobbled up by the London Tour operators so they are difficult (albeit not impossible) for independent travellers to book direct.

Anderson Tours do special access tours from London (see andersontours.co.uk/tourdetails.asp?id=146 ) but do not incorporate Oxford or Windsor in them.

Evan Evans do Windsor, Oxford and Stonehenge but their itinerary sounds like a bit of a rush (Oxford is a long way from Stonehenge !) - see https:/… .

However Oxford and Windsor are easily done independently by train from London, so if you are set on doing a special access tour of Stonehenge (rather than the ordinary daytime one), it might be better to do it with Anderson and visit Oxford & Windsor separately on other days.

P-t-B

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,915 posts
61 reviews
3. Re: Inner Circle Tour from London to Stonehenge

be aware if you are thinking of comeing around the mid summer soltice english heritage are going to charge to park and enter this year and a number of groups are saying no so there could be problems

4. Re: Inner Circle Tour from London to Stonehenge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2017, 22:45