We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easiest way to see Windsor castle in a day

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
18 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Easiest way to see Windsor castle in a day

I will have one day, March15, 2017, on my own before meeting friends. Together we will cover the high points but will miss out on Windsor Castle and the Fudge Kitchen. I would like to visit these on my own. What is the simplest way to do that? I will be housed in a hotel very close to London Heathrow.

3 replies to this topic
Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,921 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easiest way to see Windsor castle in a day

Not sure why you posted this in the Amesbury forum, but no matter.

I have to ask - what ARE the high points if they don't include the castle, which is the highest point of Windsor that I can think of! The Fudge Kitchen is just a shop. Not even the best fudge as far as I'm concerned (I like crumbly, hard fudge like 'tablet' rather than the soft stuff they dish up).

There are buses from the airport that can get you back to Windsor so that you can visit the castle and fudge shop. I know the #77 goes from T5 and #8? Takes about an hour.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
18 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easiest way to see Windsor castle in a day

My apologies for the ill placed post. It was not my intention to minimize the splendor of Windsor Tower. I simply was attempting to find a way to see the Castle since it is not included in my group's itinerary during this visit. Thank you very much for the information!

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,756 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easiest way to see Windsor castle in a day

The bus routes from Heathrow to Windsor have now changed and the 77 no longer runs. However you can catch bus number 8 from Heathrow terminal 5 which runs twice an hour - see https:/… .

Phil-the-Bus

Reply to: Easiest way to see Windsor castle in a day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted