We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Explore Tuscany and Umbria

Alberta
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Explore Tuscany and Umbria

I am considering a villa in Certaldo as a stay put but explore the areas of Tuscany and Umbria. We are thinking of staying 1 week and having a car to do day trips bu car or by train. Wondering what you think of this choice for out stay with 6 people involved. Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
9,159 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Explore Tuscany and Umbria

My first thought is it isn't that well positioned if you want to visit parts of Umbria, it's too far north.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9,967 posts
141 reviews
2. Re: Explore Tuscany and Umbria

I must agree with above that it's not that close to Umbria. Having said that here is what we do.

1-buy a good map of just Tuscany and Umbria

2-read up on both and list all the places you would like to see (there will be many more than possible, but that's ok)

3-on the map put a little dot or sticker of the locations you want to see

4-now look at the map and group them by day trip in a way that they are group in such as North, south, east and west of where you are.

5-now finalize what is possible and eliminate what is not.

6-then do one area per day

Good luck

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Explore Tuscany and Umbria

Further to Bonjours step by step, at step 3 if the locations are scattered find a spot central to those for your stay to reduce travel time. Conversely I will sometimes find accommodation that appeals to me and then draw a circle out from there to determine places to visit that are within travel times I set.

And in my opinion with only 7 days there will be plenty to see and do in Tuscany. I would leave Umbria for another time.

Reply to: Explore Tuscany and Umbria
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Certaldo
More Certaldo Topics