We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time to visit Hershey?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
best time to visit Hershey?

When is the best time to visit Hershey? Summer or Christmas?

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best time to visit Hershey?

To enjoy all the rides in the park? Definitely Summer, most of them are not running during the Christmas season. Christmas is really all about the lights and special holiday shows. In Summer, the crowds are not as bad in June.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best time to visit Hershey?

That definitely depends on your preferences. As the previous poster mentioned, the entire park is open in the summer but only select portions of the park are open during Christmas. Also in the summer you can take advantage of the Broadwalk and water attractions. I also agree that crowds are more manageable in June, especially on weekdays.

York
Level Contributor
84 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best time to visit Hershey?

Are you talking about the park? the gardens? museum? lodge? Zoo? Theatre? Outlets? There is stuff to do all year in Hershey but what do you want to do?

phila
Level Contributor
277 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best time to visit Hershey?

If I had to pick my absolute favorite time, it would probably be the third week of June or right before labor day. As to the latter, crowds have thinned - all the camp bus trips are done - and you'll encounter mostly locals.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
298 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best time to visit Hershey?

My husband and I have been to Hershey 5 times and we've always gone in July... It can be hot ,but all rides at the park are open. The flowers at Hershey Gardens are beautiful and in full bloom. You can always go in shops to cool off from the heat if you get to hot.

We always to a day trip to Lancaster/Amish area. The fields and grounds are immaculate that time of year...

Hershey is one of our favorite vaction stops... You can't go wrong there.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,069 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best time to visit Hershey?

totally different experiences. but would also go with summer (weekdays if you can swing it)

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best time to visit Hershey?

Winter - the only time you can get Mad Elf at Troegs Brewery in Hershey!

Hockessin, Delaware
Level Contributor
171 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best time to visit Hershey?

Fall, after all the kids go back to school before things start to close.

9. Re: best time to visit Hershey?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2013, 14:47