We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harrisburg Mall and Megabus

Toronto
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Harrisburg Mall and Megabus

We are scheduled to arrive at the Harrisburg Mall around 10PM at night - coming from Toronto on Megabus. Would anyone know if taxis are available there or have a suggestion of a cab company to call to meet us there? As it is late at night we need to find a near-by motel for the night and in the morning pick up a rental car for driving on to Hanover, PA. The car rental company should be fairly close to the Mall as we will be returning the car there early on a Sunday afternoon.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harrisburg Mall and Megabus

A nearby car rental company would be:

Enterprise Rental Car

2552 Paxton Street

Harrisburg, PA

717-564-9444

Nearby hotels are (all Harrisburg, PA addresses):

Homewood Suites

3990 TecPort Drive

Wyndham Garden

765 Eisenhower Blvd

Wingate by Wyndham

1344 Eisenhower Blvd

Sheraton

4650 Lindle Road

I doubt there will be taxis available without making an advance call. I haven't used a taxi service, but a friend recommended the following:

Keystone Cab Company

(717) 234-4400

Let me know if you need any other information.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
984 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harrisburg Mall and Megabus

Several of the area hotels offer shuttle service to the airport. Perhaps one of them, like the Hilton Garden Inn, would come and pick you up at the mall--it's less than 2 miles. It's worth a call.

For your morning trip, be aware that there is ongoing construction at 581 and 15. I've been taking the Turnpike instead of 581. It's worth the $1.50 or so for me to not have to deal with the ever-changing traffic patterns.

Toronto
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harrisburg Mall and Megabus

Back from our trip and thanks so much for your help.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harrisburg Mall and Megabus

Can I ask what you ended up doing for transportation from the mall?

5. Re: Harrisburg Mall and Megabus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2011, 10:10
Get answers to your questions about Harrisburg