We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Area to stay for one night in Portland???

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best Area to stay for one night in Portland???

Hi,

My husband and I will be staying in Portland for one Saturday night in August. What is the best area to stay in regards to good food, bars, cute shops, etc. I'm looking at downtown but not sure if that's the way to go.

Thanks for any input!

London
Level Contributor
918 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Area to stay for one night in Portland???

Monaco hotel. It's lovely and very close to bars and restaurants. On the Sunday go to mothers bistro for brunch.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Area to stay for one night in Portland???

Thank you! :) I'll check it out.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,605 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Area to stay for one night in Portland???

http://www.northrupstation.com/

The Inn @ Northrup station is in the trendy NW 21/23rd St. neighborhood, which has all the things you mention in your request...plus and upbeat atmosphere, nice breakfast included and free parking (a real consideration if you are driving). It's also right on the streetcar line that can take you around town and downtown and the hotel will provide free passes for the trolley.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Area to stay for one night in Portland???

Sounds great! Thank you very much!

5. Re: Best Area to stay for one night in Portland???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 11:12