We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Medford Area This Spring

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Driving to Medford Area This Spring

My wife, son (10) and I plan to go on a little road trip to southern Oregon around April 1st. We live in the SF Bay Area and just want to explore what's north of us. We don't have a travel agenda and just plan to go with the moment, but we have a few questions.

1.) Will weather be a factor around that time (driving in rain, late snow, etc.)?

2.) We typically prefer Hilton or Marriott properties and we're thinking of using Medford as a home base to visit the surrounding areas. Can anyone recommend a kid friendly hotel for two nights (nice to avoid traffic noise outside, some quiet rooms with decent indoor pool)?

Edited: 21 January 2011, 09:17
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Driving to Medford Area This Spring

Are the Stratford Inn or the Plaza Inn Marriott or Hilton properties, as the OP requested? If so, I wasn't aware...

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,113 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Driving to Medford Area This Spring

>> Are the Stratford Inn or the Plaza Inn Marriott or Hilton properties, as the OP requested? <<

Not as far as I know, fiveforfun!

But then some posters never bother to read the OP's thread - they just post to let everybody know where they are. Except when they're in Fresno.....

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
159 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Driving to Medford Area This Spring

Yes, I also am Hilton and Marriott Gold and neither is represented in Ashland. You will have to retreat to Medford for Marriott's Springhill, Courtyard, and Townplace, or nearby Central Point for the Fairfield. If you want Hilton, your Medford choices are the Hampton or the Homewood Suites. I have stayed in all but the Fairfield and the Townplace and my choice among the Marriotts is the Springhill, but, the Homewood Suites is my easy overall winner. Pretty much a standard Homewood, with decent breakfast and dinner provided, nice folks running the place and plenty of room.

14. Re: Driving to Medford Area This Spring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 22:46
Get answers to your questions about Medford