We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best western horizon inn

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
9 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
best western horizon inn

Has anybody been to the Best Western Horizon Inn, & stayed in what they call there Presidential Suite? The room has a hot tub big enough for 2 people, separate bedroom, 2 bathrooms, etc...

Please let me know how you liked it. We might be staying there on our way home from Reno. I need to know if it interior or exterior corridors, and if it looks safe, noisy being next to the freeway??

Thank You

Terri Amos

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best western horizon inn

I've stayed at the Horizon Inn but not in the Presidential Suite.

It's a fairly standard motel with exterior corridors and an outdoor pool (brr...). It's been around for a long time. There's a Black Bear Diner adjacent to the property.

Since it's been completed I prefer the Homewood Suites, a short distance away. Spacious rooms with better amenities.

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
9 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best western horizon inn

Thank You for your quick reply. I don't like exterior corridors, don't feel safe. I will probably stay at the Quality Inn & Suites..

Thank You

Terri

Longview, Washington
Destination Expert
for Mount Rainier National Park
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best western horizon inn

Quality Inn and Suites in Medford is quite nice. We stayed there in November, mid-week. Just drove in and asked for their best price. Got the managers special--about $10 less than the AARP/AAA prices. Didn't get the reward points with the special tho.

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best western horizon inn

Quality Inn's the other end of town from Horizon Inn. Are you just looking for a place to crash on your way home, or are you planning to spend time in Medford as well?

Just a head's up that area is a little tricky to get around, what with Biddle Road intersecting with I-5 intersecting with Crater Lake highway (and so on). Keep alert as the turns aren't necessarily where you think they would be!

I've not stayed at the Quality Inn. On that end of town, I can recommend the Rogue Regency as a great place to stay! I've also stayed at the Comfort Inn, but can't recommend as it was NOT clean and was very noisy.

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
9 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best western horizon inn

Thank You for your reply. The ratings for the Quality Inn & Suites are pretty high. On Trip Advisor they are ranked #7 out of 30..We will probably stay there..

Thank You

Terri

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
9 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best western horizon inn

Thank You , for the heads up on the traffic.We will probably stay at the Quality Inn & Suites..

Thank You

Terri

Medford, OR
Level Contributor
212 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best western horizon inn

Hope you had a great trip, T. (Sorry, been off the forum for a while due to deaths in the family.) Wondered where you did stay and if you liked it.

BW Horizon does have outdoor corridors; glad you found somewhere else. Near there, though is the new Homewood Suites and the Springhill and Townplace Suites. You might try those next time. We're locals and have heard from friends that they are all good.

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
9 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best western horizon inn

thank you for your reply. we stayed at the quality inn & suites.very nice rooms,had a jacuzzi suite. i would recommend that place. there is also an elmers restaurant within walking distance, right out the back door.

thank you again for your reply

terri amos

9. Re: best western horizon inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2010, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Medford