We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amtrak to Hood River?

Portland, Oregon
1 post
Amtrak to Hood River?

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to stay in Hood River for two nights between Christmas and New Year's Day and have a reservation at the Best Western. I would love to take the train from Portland to Hood River but am having a really hard time figuring out how to manage the ground transportation between the train station in Bingen, Washington and the hotel. The taxi service in town doesn't seem reliable and I would hate to get stuck missing our 8 am train back to Portland for new year's eve.

I'd love to know if anybody else has done this, has input on whether it's safe to count on the taxi pickup and drop off arrangements, or any other suggestions about alternatives to driving between Portland and Hood River.

Thanks!

Corvallis, Oregon
Level Contributor
93 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Amtrak to Hood River?

How about Uber?

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,430 posts
142 reviews
2. Re: Amtrak to Hood River?

Your best bet would be to drive. Parking is free.

MrsO

1 post
3. Re: Amtrak to Hood River?

Hi Portland Anna,

I'm sure we could find a way to get you across the bridge to our hotel. Please call me at the hotel: 541-386-2200.

Cordially,

Raquel VanNatta

Exec. Assistant/Revenue Manager

Best Western Plus Hood River Inn

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Amtrak to Hood River?

Good for you to jump in. Seems like it may be good idea for Best Western to run a shuttle to train station, on call. you might find a whole new set of clients.

5. Re: Amtrak to Hood River?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2016, 10:47