We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Bend from Sunriver?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
How far is Bend from Sunriver?

Hi, I'm traveling to Sunriver for a wedding celebration over the 4th of July holiday--- I am looking for budget accomodations for myself and my husband (less than $100/nt). Would it be reasonable to consider staying in Bend and going into the resort for the party? Any suggestions on budget accomodations in Bend or Sunriver? Thanks so much!

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
765 posts
251 reviews
1. Re: How far is Bend from Sunriver?

Sunriver is 18 miles south of Bend - a straight shot down hwy 97. The only budget place I have stayed in Bend is at the Bend Riverside Motel Suites. It was fine. Very centrally located. Check out the McMenimans as well: www.mcmenamins.com All of their properties are really cool and usually reasonable. They are an experience- never stayed at the one in Bend.I never have enough notice and they book far out and are usually full.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: How far is Bend from Sunriver?

Sunriver is an easy trip from Bend during the summer.

The Riverhouse is advertising rates under $100/night right now but I am not sure how long it lasts. You could also try the Shilo Inn, Days Inn, and Red Lion. Sometimes you can get a better price directly from the property rather than over the Internet so it pays to shop around.

The McMenamin's is lovely but rates start at $120/night. The location is great and I think it includes breakfast, though.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,029 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: How far is Bend from Sunriver?

visitbend.com/Discover_Bend_Oregon/Hotels_Lo…

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,904 posts
102 reviews
4. Re: How far is Bend from Sunriver?

I would look into a condo at Sunriver. Whether through a rental agency or through VRBO or Craigslist, there are options that fit your budget. I personally would prefer to not drive 15 minutes back up to Bend, but also the resort has so many amenities that you might as well enjoy it!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
5. Re: How far is Bend from Sunriver?

We stayed in a Super 8 Motel on 97 years ago. It was fine, but I'd agree with others here; if it fits in your budget, stay in Sunriver.

Hey, what's up with your post, voyaging?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
6. Re: How far is Bend from Sunriver?

Oh, I get it. You posted a URL that didn't fit.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,029 posts
65 reviews
7. Re: How far is Bend from Sunriver?

Sorry about the URL not fitting. Usually, TA rejects too long a(n) URL. For the OP, then: http://www.visitbend.com/

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,571 posts
1,111 reviews
8. Re: How far is Bend from Sunriver?

I just did a quick vrbo search, and found only this one in your price range in Sunriver.

They do charge an additional $40 cleaning fee, and it is still available on 4th July:

www.vrbo.com/18272

9. Re: How far is Bend from Sunriver?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 09:54