We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bend in late May

Level Contributor
1 post
55 reviews
Save Topic
Bend in late May

Trying to decide if we should consider a small studio cottage available riverfront near Drake Park, the Old St Frances School and Hotel right in downtown Bend or a cottage or home on the Westside? My husband and I will be in town from the east coast for 4 days to hike and see the sights.Suggestions? They all seem like good options!

Mentioned in this post
Drake Park
Drake Park
164 Reviews
Bend, OR
Bend
Bend
Central Oregon, OR
2 replies to this topic
Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,376 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bend in late May

Downtown is one of the best places in the world for a pub crawl. I happen to like Drake Park also. McMenamins Old School is an adventurous overnight and would probably be a interesting stay.

Mentioned in this post
Drake Park
Drake Park
164 Reviews
Bend, OR
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bend in late May

Both the Drake Park and McMenamins accommodations will be walkable to downtown. Not sure about the westside cottage - it could be a block or a couple of miles, depending on where it is.

Do you and your husband typically prefer hotels or vacation homes? I would go with your usual preference to help decide which type of place to stay. You can visit McMenamins to eat at the restaurants and tour the grounds even if you don't stay there.

Mentioned in this post
Drake Park
Drake Park
164 Reviews
Bend, OR
Reply to: Bend in late May
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted