We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Pizza Place

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,790 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
New Pizza Place

I read about a new pizza place that is opening this week in Beaverton. Sounds like it will be a nice addition. The owners are the same people who have Monteaux's. Anyway, this new place is called Pizza Pazza (www.pizzapazza.us) and opens on Friday, the 15th. They are located on Walker, near 158th. I might need to gather up the girlfriends and make our next lunch outing there to check it out! If anyone else goes first, please let us know how it is.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: New Pizza Place

The only time I ever ordered pizza in Italy was when I was a year out of high school, and traveling over there with a buddy of mine, somewhere near Pisa, I think. They may have called it pizza, but it sure didn't look, smell, or taste anything like what I'd gotten used to as pizza during my high school years. I remember it being more like what I'd call focaccia today.

Thanks for the tip on the new place, Mtngrl. Pizzicato is our usual choice these days, but options are always good.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: New Pizza Place

Has anyone ever heard of Leonardi's ...not sure where it is, maybe Barbur...it was recommended but we don't eat pizza alot so we haven't bothered to find it.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,790 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: New Pizza Place

chicogirl--I have not heard of that one. Another place that years ago we used to get pizza at, out in Aloha, is Nonna Emilias. It was very good. Not sure how it is now. We have been there for dinner, but not had pizza. I keep thinking we should try it and see if it is still good.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,840 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: New Pizza Place

pdxtravels, I hope you post about Apizza Scholls LOL I will let you be the guinea pig ... I have given up, we will wait til we travel to have pizza again :) or I will go one better and wait until I am in Italy and will see if Mtngrl knows good pizza :O)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: New Pizza Place

Whoops, my bad, it is Leonardo's Italian Cafe. Haven't tried it but the owner's daughter tells me her dad runs a great restuarant and the pizza is awesome!

Leonardo's Italian Cafe

503-296-6100

Cuisine: Italian, Cafe 460 SW Miller Rd

Portland, OR 97225

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
677 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: New Pizza Place

pdxtravels, make sure you only come back and post if you really really like Apizza Scholls - I posted a not-all-that review of the place on another board and man did I get flamed out of existence by the party faithful. Not that people here would do that, but you don't know who's lurking, waiting to pounce!

I used to go to Leonardo's quite often when I used to work down the street - they have an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet we used to get all the time for lunch. Thick crust, lots of cheese, lots of grease. If that sounds like your kind of pizza, you'll probably like it.

I love to try them all, but the pickings are slim in Portland - we like Blind Onion (full pie only - the slices sit in the warmer too long), Hot Lips, Bortolami's and Pizzicato probably the most I think.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
114 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: New Pizza Place

Not to worry, J&S, I rarely, if ever, wander from the west side of town. Too bad, I know, but I seem to find no lack of places to eat on this side of the river, and new ones seem to open all the time.

And if my NY friends ever read this board, they'd flog me, but I do love the elephant garlic and goat cheese pizza at Cucina! Cucina! - I can't even believe I admitted that!

Beaverton, OR
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: New Pizza Place

The best Pizza we have found is Nonna Emila's! We usually get the "That's a Sara's" and have them add salami and mushrooms (hold the pineapple). Wow - it is so good. Lots of toppings and great crust. We have friends that come from Europe and that is the first place they want to eat now!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,790 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: New Pizza Place

Wow, I used to live within walking distance of Nonna Emilias! That was over 20 years ago though. We still go back, and yes, it is good. Their calzones are really good too. Huge portions though...one dish can easily feed at least 3 people.

20. Re: New Pizza Place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 02:50
Get answers to your questions about Beaverton
More Beaverton Topics