We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat in Bandon

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
722 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat in Bandon

We will come to Bandon day after tomorrow and would like to know good places to eat. I am vegeterian, my daughter is an 8 years old picky eater :) and we would like to stay within $10-15 per meal or less if possible. We do not use fast food but pizza is ok (hoping to find something better).

Would appreciate your suggestions!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat in Bandon

Sorry, I didn't see this until after responding to your question about Alloro. You obviously won't stay within your budget there, but I think they have pasta dishes for under $20 that would work for both of you. Just as a heads up, it's pretty much a "foodies'" kind of place.

Next to Alloro is a little coffee shop where my wife and I had breakfast one morning. Nice place with a lot of local character, and good food too. I believe they also have a limited lunch menu. You should also check out Tony's Crab Shack (down along the waterfront) in the hope they might have something for you on the menu. Surprisingly good food there.

Couple places we didn't try that looked interesting: Thai Thai, and the Minute Cafe, which was jammed with locals both mornings we drove by.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat in Bandon

I can suggest you not eat at billy Smoothboar's ;-) It's not terrible - just overpriced with nothing to recommend it. We've eaten at La Fiesta which is a reasonably priced standard average Mexican restaurant. We've not been in Mcfarlin's since the non-smoking ban. Prior to that it was a smoky tavern and may still be too much of a "bar" atmosphere even though they are okay for children. We used to eat at the Wheelhouse but the last time (2008 I think) it had gone way downhill and I see from the reviews it's very inconsistent. The Station is a standard "Denny's type" cafe - we've had pie there which was good :-)

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
722 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat in Bandon

Thank you!

4. Re: Places to eat in Bandon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 21:47
Get answers to your questions about Bandon