We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will Rogers and Turner Turnpikes

Level Contributor
67 posts
Will Rogers and Turner Turnpikes

I'm coming from Missouri going to Amarillo, and know I will be taking Will Rogers and Turner Turnpikes through Oklahoma. I'll be driving a rental car. Do these toll booths take cash? Is there any other tolls on my way to Amarillo past Oklahoma City?

5 replies to this topic
Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
133 reviews
1. Re: Will Rogers and Turner Turnpikes

They both take cash, but you should have plenty of coins available in case the booths are unmanned. There are no toll roads from OKC to Amarillo.

Level Contributor
67 posts
2. Re: Will Rogers and Turner Turnpikes

Thank you!!! Rental car fees and toll roads do not get along. ;)

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
133 reviews
3. Re: Will Rogers and Turner Turnpikes

Ok, I better understand the question. As far as I know they do have cash customer lanes at the majority of toll gates so you won't use the rental toll tag. When you get to the end of the Turner pay close attention to the signs if you want to avoid the Kilpatrick Turnpike and head south on I-35.

If you want to save time and bypass much of the traffic, take the Kilpatrick as it will end just west of OKC. There are two central toll boths on Kilpatrick and both have cash only lanes. Costs a little more but, imo, worth it.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
220 reviews
4. Re: Will Rogers and Turner Turnpikes

The toll roads have manned cash options for payments. Not yet clear the correlation between the rental car and the toll roads. The primary routes all have manned cash options. The secondary routes do not all have manned cash options. Do not hesitate to collect a few dollars in change. The toll options that may or may not be available via the rental company are not of value in the noted routes.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
163 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Will Rogers and Turner Turnpikes

If you're renting a car in Missouri, I don't think there's a transponder for driving the tollroads in OK, KS.

Both the Will Rogers and Turner Turnpikes have separate lanes for paying tolls. The left main lanes are for PikePass use only and the right exit lanes are for paying in cash. However, if you're using the Creek Tpk in Tulsa or the Kilpatrick Tpk in OKC, be warned that there are no personnel to collect money. The only way to pay the fare is by using "exact" change (with the exception of the Kilpatrick pass the Broadway Extension a.k.a US 77 or the Creek in Jenks; both of which are manned) or by using PikePass. The unmanned sections have bill changers though. It cost $4.75 to drive the Turner & Rogers Tpks, $3.35 total on the Creek and $2.70 total on Kilpatrick.

There are no tolls whatsoever beyond OKC.

Reply to: Will Rogers and Turner Turnpikes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted