We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandusky for work Sept-November

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Sandusky for work Sept-November

Hi all!

I am headed to sandusky for work for a few months. I will be here mon through friday. Anything fun to do? I know cedar point and the islands are only open on the weekends.

4 replies to this topic
Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
492 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandusky for work Sept-November

We have plenty of things to do. The islands are still open during the week, but they have limited ferry services. You can go to shores and islands to see all that is going on. And i would check out trip advisors top attractions in the area and surrounding area. If the weather stays this nice you can still even enjoy the lake with paddle boarding, kayak or canoeing.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandusky for work Sept-November

Lots of restaurants to explore. Great birdwatching and nature walks as well. Assuming that you'll be working 8-5, M-F, your evenings may be limited to dinner and rest. I once worked in Philadelphia for 8 weeks and lived out of a hotel the whole time. My evenings were just for dinner, tv and maybe a swim in the hotel pool.

The Rock and Roll HoF in Cleveland is close for a Saturday visit, as is the Pro Football HoF in Canton. Also consider a weekend visit to Amish Country south of Akron.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandusky for work Sept-November

Definitely hit Cedar Point on a Sunday when the park is least crowded. Avoid a Saturday at all costs. They are open through October 29. Sandusky itself is a small city and the downtown is nothing special about this. I lived and worked here year round for 5 years and can attest to this. Also the Rock Hall is not worth the time or drive from Sandusky. It just isn't all it's cracked up to be. I guess if you like football then a drive to Canton would be okay for the Hall of Fame. A drive to Columbus would be fun as there is lots to see and do there. Depends on what you enjoy but definitely try to go to Cedar Point before the end of the season. Safe travels!!

4. Re: Sandusky for work Sept-November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 October 2017, 11:35

Reply to: Sandusky for work Sept-November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted