We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycles

Ohio
Level Contributor
51 posts
173 reviews
Bicycles

Coming to either PIB or Kelley's this August for first trip with friends. Can we bring our bicycles over (no car) and are there bike paths around the island?

6 replies to this topic
Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
110 reviews
1. Re: Bicycles

Yes, you can bring your bikes over (for an additional fee on the ferry boats). There aren't any bike trails I'm aware of. Just on the roads. The islands aren't quite big enough to allow for bike paths.

Troy, MI
Destination Expert
for Put in Bay
Level Contributor
322 posts
90 reviews
2. Re: Bicycles

Yes, bicycles are ok and quite welcome on the island! Parking is really really limited so if you have alternate modes, they are awesome! There are bike paths along the major roads, just be careful of the morons in golf carts who think they are allowed to drive a motor vehicle in the bike path.

There are some great parks around the island that you bike to and then walk the many trails that they offer if you so like.

If you don't have a bicycle, I think the only places that offer bicycle rentals are E's carts at the Miller Ferry dock, and Delaware Carts downtown.

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
3. Re: Bicycles

We're headed there in a couple weeks with our bikes. According to their website, the Kelley's Island Ferry Boat Line charges $10 per person and $3 per bike (one way). I found this blog post about biking on Kelley's Island: https:/… You might find it helpful, too. And here's an article from the Chamber of Commerce: https:/…

We're looking forward to exploring the area on bikes. I'll post again after our trip if I have anything helpful to add here.

Ohio
Level Contributor
51 posts
173 reviews
4. Re: Bicycles

Thanks, everyone, appreciate your feedback. We're going to give it a shot, and hopefully have a wonderful weekend.

Troy, MI
Destination Expert
for Put in Bay
Level Contributor
322 posts
90 reviews
5. Re: Bicycles

Can you tell us how your trip was with the bicycles? That would be really great! Thanks so much and hope you had a great time????

Ohio
Level Contributor
51 posts
173 reviews
6. Re: Bicycles

Will do; go in two weeks. Check back then!

Reply to: Bicycles
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Put in Bay
Recent Conversations