We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2nd Wedding/Family Trip: Middle Bass, Put-in-Bay or Huron

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
2nd Wedding/Family Trip: Middle Bass, Put-in-Bay or Huron

My fiance and I are in our 50s and we are looking for a lovely place to be married -- and most importantly -- where our 3 out-of-state daughters (all in their mid to late 20s) and spouses can get to know each other for several days, Summer 2011.

I've done research on homes to rent and found 4 that are large enough located in: Put-in-Bay, Middle Bass Island, Oak Harbor and Huron. We're looking to have fun things to do, as well as shopping, wine tasting and, of course, enjoy the Lake.

Is Put-in-Bay going to be super busy? Will it be a pain to go to other places from Middle Bass Island? What is Huron like?

Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2nd Wedding/Family Trip: Middle Bass, Put-in-Bay or Huron

My personal choices would be in this order: Put-in-Bay, Huron, Oak Harbor, then Middle Bass.

Put-in-Bay is pretty busy on sumnmer weekends, and even weekdays, but there's so much to do, so much for everyone to enjoy, that its worth it. You have to go to PiB in order to get to the much smaller and quieter Middle Bass. Staying on MB pretty much means not going other places, or if you do, it's on a limited schedule. The ferries that go to MB do so on not as often as PiB or Kelleys Island. Huron is nice, with public beaches, some decent nightlife, convenience to just about everything in the area, and it's a safe and quiet community. Oak Harbor is more of a bedroom community, with not a ton of options of things to do nearby.

Mentioned in this post
2. Re: 2nd Wedding/Family Trip: Middle Bass, Put-in-Bay or Huron

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2011, 10:49
Get answers to your questions about Middle Bass