We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking at Hocking Hills

Morgantown, West...
1 post
Save Topic
Hiking at Hocking Hills

My husband and I are planning a quick day trip to Hocking Hills State Park. We will have 3 to 5 hours to spend hiking. Any advice on how best to spend our time? I've seen a lot of lists of places and trails, but I'm wondering how to make the most of our time. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hocking Hills State Park
Hocking Hills State Park
1,332 Reviews
Ohio
4 replies to this topic
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking at Hocking Hills

Following!

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking at Hocking Hills

What day of the week will you be there? What do you want to do/see? Would you rather take short hikes and see more places or a longer hike and only see one or two?

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
9,171 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking at Hocking Hills

good questions!

Personally, my favorite hike is the 3 miles thru the gorge from Old Mans Cave to Cedar Falls then bring the 3 miles back using the upper trail thru the woods.

Short stuff? Love Rock House and Cantwell Cliffs.

You could walk Old Mans Cave, upper and lower falls- a loop (maybe a mile total?) not sure, then Cedar Falls is very near- a walk down steps and back and then Ash Cave- 1/4 mile in on a level and paved path. If you go slightly past the lower falls at OMC, there's a new trail to Whispering Cave. Cross a swinging bridge (Hemlock trail) then hike to the cave. up and down hill but again, it's not real long. Maybe a mile? I'm totally bad at mileage so maybe look the above suggestion up for accuracy. Altho I DO know OMC to CF and back is a 6 mile loop. The rest is guessing.

I noticed one place mentioned Rock House as being wheelchair accessible. There is NO way that's true! I do not see ANY of the trails in the area as wheelchair accessible aside from Ash Cave.

Mentioned in this post
Rock House
Rock House
436 Reviews
Logan, OH
Cantwell Cliffs
Cantwell Cliffs
222 Reviews
Logan, OH
Ash Cave
Ash Cave
352 Reviews
Logan, OH
Logan, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Logan
Level Contributor
746 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiking at Hocking Hills

Wings1980 - you're right about wheelchair accessibility. Ash Cave is the only one with a paved path out to Ash Cave.

Mentioned in this post
Ash Cave
Ash Cave
352 Reviews
Logan, OH
Reply to: Hiking at Hocking Hills
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted