We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking at Hocking Hills

Morgantown, West...
1 post
Hiking at Hocking Hills

My husband and I are planning a quick day trip to Hocking Hills State Park. We will have 3 to 5 hours to spend hiking. Any advice on how best to spend our time? I've seen a lot of lists of places and trails, but I'm wondering how to make the most of our time. Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
1. Re: Hiking at Hocking Hills

Following!

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Hiking at Hocking Hills

What day of the week will you be there? What do you want to do/see? Would you rather take short hikes and see more places or a longer hike and only see one or two?

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
9,274 posts
244 reviews
3. Re: Hiking at Hocking Hills

good questions!

Personally, my favorite hike is the 3 miles thru the gorge from Old Mans Cave to Cedar Falls then bring the 3 miles back using the upper trail thru the woods.

Short stuff? Love Rock House and Cantwell Cliffs.

You could walk Old Mans Cave, upper and lower falls- a loop (maybe a mile total?) not sure, then Cedar Falls is very near- a walk down steps and back and then Ash Cave- 1/4 mile in on a level and paved path. If you go slightly past the lower falls at OMC, there's a new trail to Whispering Cave. Cross a swinging bridge (Hemlock trail) then hike to the cave. up and down hill but again, it's not real long. Maybe a mile? I'm totally bad at mileage so maybe look the above suggestion up for accuracy. Altho I DO know OMC to CF and back is a 6 mile loop. The rest is guessing.

I noticed one place mentioned Rock House as being wheelchair accessible. There is NO way that's true! I do not see ANY of the trails in the area as wheelchair accessible aside from Ash Cave.

Logan, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Logan
Level Contributor
747 posts
156 reviews
4. Re: Hiking at Hocking Hills

Wings1980 - you're right about wheelchair accessibility. Ash Cave is the only one with a paved path out to Ash Cave.

Reply to: Hiking at Hocking Hills
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted