We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Restaurant - Hungry Buffalo

Logan, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Logan
Level Contributor
747 posts
156 reviews
New Restaurant - Hungry Buffalo

Right next to the Millstone BBQ, we now have a new restaurant called The Hungry Buffalo. It is still rather new, and working out some operational kinks, but seems to have the major kinks addressed. Have you been there yet? What do you think?

I eat out A. LOT. My husband and I have been there four times in the past few weeks so obviously it's not terrible. I'm glad that Logan has another place to dine. That being said, customers need to be patient with them. Management is present, addressing any issues brought to their attention, trying to make sure everyone leaves happy. Don't expect to get in and out in a hurry.

Food quality - 4.5 of 5

Fries need to be HOT w/ LESS salt

Not impressed with kettle chips - come with most orders; fries or onion rings are extra

Pretzel bits with white cheese sauce - AWESOME!

Burgers - GREAT. Bison Ball Burger was really good. :)

Caesars salad with chicken - DELICIOUS

Beverages: Full bar is now open. CocaCola products served.

Desserts - I've yet to try the Fried Twinkies but someday.....

Accuracy of order - 4.5 of 5

First visit - I received grilled chicken instead of breaded chicken on my Caesars salad.

Cleanliness - 4 of 5

2 dirty appetizer plates on the same night;

Floors are kept swept up and tables promptly cleared off after patrons are finished.

Noise level - high; sensory overload. OSU game could be seen on 5 TV screens from where I was sitting without turning around (but I couldn't hear the game if the volume was on).

Promptness - 3.5 of 5

We have always been seated within 10 minutes except the first week they were open.

Our appetizer was served with our meal on our first visit. At one point this evening, every table was full in the dining area. ONLY ONE table had food on it. Some people may have been finished eating. Who knows? We waited about 35 minutes for our burger and wings, even though our appetizer was served promptly.

On 2 of 4 visits, I've seen orders returned to the kitchen. I have no idea why. Both times, a manager came to speak with the customers.

Other - The Mercantile shop. While waiting for a table, you can go into the Mercantile shop to purchase locally made products such as candles, scarves, jewelry, decor items, and more. Also attached is a store full of Rocky boots/shoes - just a small sampling of their store in Nelsonville. Still, the Hocking Hills should offer a place to buy hiking shoes/boots! I think it's terrific to see Rocky Boots represented in the Hocking Hills.

Definitely visit the Hungry Buffalo for a delicious meal. I expect that the service will get better with each visit.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
3,307 reviews
1. Re: New Restaurant - Hungry Buffalo

Jenny,

Many thanks for the Logan Review, and The Hungry Buffalo is now on our to do list.

2. Re: New Restaurant - Hungry Buffalo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2018, 03:45