We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seaview holiday park, nr whitstable

London, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
seaview holiday park, nr whitstable

hello,

I am going for a week to Seaview park Holiday with my parents, both 55 y/o and nephew 4 y/o, I am 33 y/o.

I am a bit worried that i can`t find a lot of info online. Has anyone been there? I chose this park just because it says that there are many offsite facilities. Due our fifferent age groups it will be really bad if we happen to be stuck only in the holiday park and get bored to death.

So far my plan is to go there by train, my parents are coming from abroad.

Could you please advice me if i should here a car to we will have access to the local shops,pubs and kid`s amusement parks.

How is the park itself? i booked silver caravan, and it is supposed to be newer. Our holiday will starts on 13/may/2011/ for 7 days.

thanks a lot.

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seaview holiday park, nr whitstable

The Seaview park is in Swalecliffe on the eastern edge of Whitstable, so you'll need to use Chestfield & Swalecliffe station, not Whitstable. Most, but not all, trains stop here but there should be at least 1 per hour. There is a bus stop close to the station at the Wheatsheaf Hungry Horse pub, catch the 4 or 4A bus to the Plough pub which has a Sunday carvery and get off here for Seaview (buses are regular). NB Going the other direction towards Whitstable they're numbered 6 or 6A. There is a small parade of shops in Swalecliffe by the station and a big Sainsbury's a 5 min walk from the station (you can see if from the train), and a McDonalds. From Seaview it's about 10 mins by bus into Whitstable town centre, halfway there is Tankerton which has a great little high street of it's own with a Tesco Express and lots more. You can get indivdual Explorer unlimited day bus tickets for £5.50 or a family one for £10. The park is right by the beach and there's a very pleasant walk along the prom to Whitstable or the other way to Herne Bay. If you are looking for traditional seaside amusement arcades then you should go to Herne Bay rather than Whitstable, again about 10-15 mins on the same bus route ("The Triangle") operated by Stagecoach www.stagecoachbus.com/localdefault.aspx…

Edited: 20 March 2011, 21:19
London, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: seaview holiday park, nr whitstable

thank you so much.

i will appreciate any suggestions about the attraction or leisure activities in the area.

thanks

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seaview holiday park, nr whitstable

Herne Bay and Whitstable are places where people just enjoy the seaside rather than having any specific leisure activities. Herne Bay is a sedate, traditional seaside town where the beach and the seafront promenade and gardens are the main attractions. Whitstable is now a very chic little fishing town with a harbour and renowned (and pricey) seafood restaurants, great pubs and quirky independant shops. Canterbury is on the same Triangle bus route and has more to offer with a wealth of history and shopping, you can go either via Whitstable or Herne Bay but the Whitstable route should be slightly quicker for you, still at least 45 mins on the bus. www.canterbury.co.uk/ is the tourism website for the three towns so look on here for things to do. You could always go somewhere nearby on the train like Broadstairs which is very pretty or Margate which has a new multi-million pound art gallery opening in April and both have superb sandy beaches, there is more on these places here www.visitthanet.co.uk/

London, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: seaview holiday park, nr whitstable

i didn`t really expect someone to reply at all. it sounds to me as if you are familiar with the area.it is such a relief. i was worried that it`s absolutely unknown area and probably i will bore my parents and little nephew to death. i live in central london and to be honest i have a jet lag even when i leave zone 1. this is the first time for my fathere and nephew to visit uk. my mum and sister came in london last year. this year they wil be here for 2 weeks so i thought it would be good to take them away from london for a week. i am bulgarian by the way.

i absolutely have no clue what i could do to make sure everything during our holiday in seaview park will be smooth and enjoyable. i try to find out what are the possibilities to go around the area and to decide if we need a car or we could use public transport links.

i absolutely appreciate your info. still i need to check the website you gave me. ypou see, i have never been in that area, so it doesn`t say much to me swalecliff, whitstable etc. pls excuse my ignorance.

thanks you very much and i will appreciate any advice or suggestion you could pass me.

thanks again. have a nice day

London, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: seaview holiday park, nr whitstable

thanks. i am more concerned about my nephew , who is 4 year old and my parents both 55. i doubt any of them is really interested in art galleries.I would love to go there though.

but it`s a relief to know that there are transport links near the park, so we won`t nesessarily need a car.

let`s hope it won`t be rainging so we won`t spend 7 days in pubs and shops. i can`t wait to relax on 7 days on the seaside.

thanks

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: seaview holiday park, nr whitstable

What sort of things were you hoping for? Anything specific?

There is a little wildlife park called Wildwood on the road between Herne Bay and Canterbury which has a bus stop outside (half price offer when you travel by bus too), they have native and once-native species so plenty of cute animals like deer and a badger house where you can see the badgers sleeping, I'm sure your nephew would love it. They have a big conservation ethos and it's quite educational, there's a little play area too

http://www.wildwoodtrust.org/

I'm sure your parents will be interested in Canterbury Cathedral which is one of the most famous and impressive sights in England, it's not cheap but you might consider going by train (via a change at Faversham) as there are usually 2 for 1 offers http://www.visitkentbytrain.co.uk/index/home and you could easily spend a whole day in Canterbury seeing all the historical sights, some of the museums are good for children

Otherwise, Broadstairs beach is great for kids, Whitstable has a bowling alley, Herne Bay as I said has the traditional seafront amusement arcades, you could have a boat tour - there are tours on a fast inflatable boat if you're prepared to get wet! http://www.bayblast.co.uk/ Or a more old fashioned boat http://www.greta1892.co.uk/ Though these are quite expensive and you'd need to book.

Fareham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: seaview holiday park, nr whitstable

My wife and I stayed in a silver level caravan here in March 2012. The site has a club house and a few activities for children. There is a bus route at the entrance to the site but we had a car. The silver plus caravan is a budget level and became cold at night. The site was pleasant and well run-staff helpful. The site shop has basic items on sale.

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: seaview holiday park, nr whitstable

Hi Peter - thanks for joining the TA forums!

If you haven't done so already, I'm sure the TA community would appreciate it if you could submit your comments as a review onto the park's accommodation listing (either copy & paste them or re-write as you wish). As TA's Speciality Lodging listings can be a bit hard to find, here is the link:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1498255-d149…

Edited: 20 April 2012, 23:33
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: seaview holiday park, nr whitstable

Seaview is a small friendly holiday park. The plus is that traditional seaside pursuits such as short walk to a pebble beach to go crabbing, a walk along the sea front leading to Herne Bay or in the other direction into the small village, not chocolate box but quaint Swalecliff, still exists there. You can get around on the local buses to Whistable and into Herne Bay. But if you want to go into Canterbury, Broadstairs, or Margate you will need to hire a car. The camp itself is spotlessly clean, The clubhouse: Staff try very hard to be entertaining but sadly miss the Xfactor, the pool is heated and safe and there is small amusement arcade. I have stayed in a silver status caravans, they are usually of good size but slightly tatty, most were Gold in a previous life. Unfortunately, if the weather is nice there isn't table and chairs to sit outside. Eating out: Whitstable is a must for seafood - but Wheelers expensive with v.small portions. Walkable from camp - the Plough ok, but Wheatsheaf - round the corner - recommended. Enjoy the camp with the little one - throwing stones on the beach.collecting shells, and catching crabs ( it's the family holiday of my childhood). I hope the sun shines for you.

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
11,582 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: seaview holiday park, nr whitstable

Poster 9, you are replying to a question that was asked in 2011.

Get answers to your questions about Whitstable