We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking ferry Lymington to Yarmouth

Sue
berkshire
Level Contributor
112 posts
26 reviews
40 helpful votes
booking ferry Lymington to Yarmouth
Save

I have booked a family holiday in Godshill for August 2010. I wish to travel from Lymington as it is closer to home. I have never travelled to the IOW before so I would like to know how much should I budget for the ferry crossing and when does the ferry company have August dates/times on offer. I realise that August is peak season so want to get a head start.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
152 reviews
97 helpful votes
1. Re: booking ferry Lymington to Yarmouth
Save

Sorry, dont know the answer to either question.

Give the Wightink booking office a ring:

http://www.wightlink.co.uk/timetables/lymington---yarmouth.aspx

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
19,265 posts
30 reviews
46 helpful votes
2. Re: booking ferry Lymington to Yarmouth
Save

you can type your dates on Red Funnel website Southampton/Cowes, a car with 2 adults 2 children appears to cost £152 return in August. As the Ferries are competitive I would think Wight ferries would be similar. It also depends on the size of your car, the length of stay and the time you wish to go. Some Hotels have favourable accounts with the ferries and will pay your fares if you stay with them

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
19,265 posts
30 reviews
46 helpful votes
3. Re: booking ferry Lymington to Yarmouth
Save

Ps This I have just picked up from a user on the Martin Lewis Website!!!!

the time of day you travel makes a huge difference to price you pay, if you can travel during the night and not on a peak day you will pay alot less ( I crossed last summer during Aug at 1900 on a sunday for under £50 You can get it cheaper still if you go in the wee hours

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
70 reviews
61 helpful votes
4. Re: booking ferry Lymington to Yarmouth
Save

If you travel by Wightlink you can use Tesco tokens towards your payment. Each year my ferry has been "free" (must spend a lot in Tesco!!!), it was about £90 this year in September. You can use the tokens for part payment too.

5. Re: booking ferry Lymington to Yarmouth

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Yarmouth
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.