We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kanchipuram saree

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
384 posts
233 reviews
Kanchipuram saree

Which shops in Kanchipuram sells authentic kanchipuram sarees?

11 replies to this topic
Coimbatore, India
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: Kanchipuram saree

Hi...

My suggestion would be to stick with the branded and reputed stores. Thats a safe bet and rely on the silk mark logo, which indicates authentic silk.

Regards

Prasanna

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
384 posts
233 reviews
2. Re: Kanchipuram saree

@Prasanna

Thanks...

Chennai, Tamil...
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
3. Re: Kanchipuram saree

Options here are wide open. You may have to walk through the street to find a preferred silk merchant. However, I can share my recent experience. Please note I am tight budget traveler. I would recommend you to visit Pachaiappa's Silks, Tel 044 27227695, Gandhi Road, Kanchipuram. Good varieties and genuine price with quality. Beware, as a stranger in Kanchipuram, if you enquire any guide or auto dirvers, they may direct you to some shops where they will get commissions for making you walk-in to the showroom. In my understanding, Pachaiappa's is a clean merchant and no bargaining is entertained. Prices are fixed. I did shopping here for a "light weight silk saree" on 01 May 2014 and it suited my requirement. Check it out.

1 post
4. Re: Kanchipuram saree

Hi, Are the saree shops open on Sundays? I am planning to go there over the weekend and any information on this would be helpful.

Coimbatore, India
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
120 reviews
5. Re: Kanchipuram saree

Some might be open. But, you will not return disappointed.

Mangalore, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: Kanchipuram saree

A s babusah .

No confusion. Lot of collection and best place for ppl who are new to the place. Rates are fixed.

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Kanchipuram saree

There are two options. One is govenment co operative silk societies, and private shops. In government silk societies prices are little bit high but quality is ensured, but they have small collection. But private shops you must be more careful you can be easily cheated. So only take reputed shops where the price is almost fixed, like babu sha at nadu street, prakash silk in gandhi road. But never take advice of stranger who is guiding you to a private shop he may be broker and he is already tied with that shop. www.tamiltour.com

8. Re: Kanchipuram saree

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 April 2017, 10:05

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Kanchipuram saree

i will suggest Madheswaran silk saree shop

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
10. Re: Kanchipuram saree

Kanchipuram Sarees are available online on Nalli and Sudarshan Sarees so you may do homework and survey for immediate and hndy study . nalli is open on Sunday

Reply to: Kanchipuram saree
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kanchipuram