We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day plan

Srikakulam...
2 posts
one day plan

is one day enough to complete kanchipuram temples and give me idea how to plan my one day trip in kanchipuram

3 replies to this topic
Chennai, India
Level Contributor
268 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: one day plan

One day you can visit the important temples, not all. Provided you start early.

Ekambareswarar Temple & Kamakshi Amman Temple - Very close to railway stn can walk.

Kanchi Kailasanathar Temple - Slightly far off, but still can walk or take Auto.

Varadharaja Perumal Temple - On other end of the town need to use public transport / auto.

Dont miss Kancipural Koil Idli from Ekambareswarar Temple / Varadharaja Perumal Temple.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
385 posts
235 reviews
2. Re: one day plan

If you are traveling through Public transport ,after reaching Kanchipuram you can hire autos there who will take you to all main temples in kanchipuram.I think i paid Rs 350(Not sure,it was two years back) for going to all main temples listed above and yes one day is enough to cover all main temples in kanchipuram.

Chennai, India
Level Contributor
353 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: one day plan

You did not mention your start point. Wherever you start from, You should reach Kanchipuram at 7am. If it is a weekend, there will be heavy crowd in Kamatchi Amman temple. Say you need to wait approx 1 hour for dharshan. So you should reach Kanchipuram at 6am on Weekends.

6am - 8am - Kamatchi Amman temple,

8am - 8:30am - Ulagalandha perumal temple. 100 metres from Kamatchi Amman temple.

8:30am - 9:30am - Breakfast

9:30am - 10:30am - Ekambaranathar temple (Ekambareswarar Temple)

10:30am - 12 - Kailasanathar temple.

All temples closed by 12 and re-opens at 4pm.

You can finish lunch and do some shopping at this time.

4pm to 6pm - Varadharaja perumal temple.

Ladies or Gents - Do Not wear Shorts / Jeans / T-Shirts. Keep a dhoti with you in case if they insist. (They do sometimes)

Reply to: one day plan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kanchipuram