We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

puri to dhauli

Kolkata, India
3 posts
Save Topic
puri to dhauli

next month we r going to puri . we will be there 4 days , is it possible to visit dhauli . plz tell me the distance and route details,

plz help me .

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,620 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: puri to dhauli

Kushal

Take a day trip from Puri on the following route. Puri > Konark > Pipli > Dhauli > Bhubaneswar > Puri. The trip takes around 6 hrs.

AshisRoy

Edited: 10 March 2012, 07:40
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: puri to dhauli

hi kushal929 ,

if you are referring to Dhabalgiri/Dhauli , it is about 50 kms from Puri on the way to Bhubaneswar .you need to take a left before you hit bhubaneswar. U dont need special guidance if you are driving urself to reach this place as the Shanti Stupa on top of Dhabalgiri is visible from a far off distance .

OTDC conducts daily sight seeing trips and this attraction is included in it along with other spots.Currently by A/C buses it would be 350/- and non A/C is 250/- . However you can always book taxis from Puri to visit all the attractions along with this one.

Kolkata, India
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: puri to dhauli

thanks for the reply

Kolkata, India
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: puri to dhauli

help me one more time friends : is it possible to to visit HIRAKUD BADH from puri , if possible , then plz tell me way how i will reach there .

thank u again friends.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: puri to dhauli

hi kushal929,

Hirakud is approx 350 - 400 kms from Puri . there is only one direct train "18405 PURI AHMEDABAD EXP" available on wednesday . Leaves Puri at 6pm and reaches Hirakud at 2 am. Travel time is approx 8 hrs.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: puri to dhauli

or

take an early train from Puri to Khurda Rd Jn and catch "12893 BBS BLGR SUPER" which leaves Khurda Rd at 645 am and reaches Hirakud at 1145 am.

btw, rly station to dam would be approx 8-9 kms.

Edited: 10 March 2012, 15:18
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: puri to dhauli

hi kushal929

one small change...

take an early monring train from Puri to Bhuvaneswar and catch "12893 BBS BLGR SUPER" which leaves Bhuvaneswar at 645 am and reaches Hirakud at 1145 am.

Similarly , while coming back, board "12894 BLGR BBS SUPER" at 420 pm and reach Bhubaneswar at 10 pm. and catch a late night train to Puri.

avoid this journey if with family comprising of ladies and kids, and if you are planning to make it in a single day.

Edited: 10 March 2012, 15:56
8. Re: puri to dhauli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:13