We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation

Dharmapuri, India
Level Contributor
630 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
accomodation

naren palace at c t road is a nice hotel

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,848 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodation

Far off. Locaton is not good.

Edited: 07 February 2012, 12:36
Dharmapuri, India
Level Contributor
630 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodation

what about hotel puri&victoria club hotel

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,848 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodation

Both are good in budget category. Their restaurants are famous for Bengali food.

AshisRoy

Edited: 07 February 2012, 15:39
India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
34,848 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accomodation

Sorry...forgot to mention, both the hotels are overlooking the sea.

Edited: 07 February 2012, 16:40
Gurugram (Gurgaon...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: accomodation

Dear Ashis,

I am planning to visit Puri along with my mother and grandmother. Your inputs on the following queries will be much appreciated

1. Anything specific to weather that i should be aware of?

2. I am planning to stay at either Victoria club or holiday resort. Is some kind of negotiation possible with these hotels for 2 night stay?

3. I plan to reach on any of the Friday afternoon and stay till sunday morning in Puri. I plan to visit the jagannath temple atleast. What other attractions could i plan to see/visit without making it too hectic?

Thanks!

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
34,848 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accomodation

pvashisht

1. Avoid May - June for excessive hot weather.

2. They don't negotiate on tariff.

3. Konark and Bhubaneswar can be done within the time frame.

AshisRoy

Edited: 10 February 2012, 08:49
Jalandhar, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: accomodation

Thank you so much for helping me to finalize my trip..Pl review my itinerary and advise,am apprehensive as my elderly parents are travelling with me.

22nd.late evening reach Bhubaneshwar airport and take pre-paid taxi to puri

23rd -Jagannath ,Gundicha and Sakhigopal temple visit.Evening on beach/chilika?(is it really worthwhile going to chilika??

24th-After breakfast,go to konark by taxi,visit pipli,Lingaraj,Mukteshwar..and Rajarani temples.Night stay in bhubaneshwar

25th -Flying to kolkata

My queries..1...should i take prepaid taxi at airport for just drop off at Puri or for the whole trip.Phone no of any reliable taxi service if possible.

2....What is Maha prasad and flag hositing at temple.

3...How to go from Belur math to kalighat and salt lake to victoria memorial.I really wish to go by tram

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
34,848 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: accomodation

ARPANA_11

The itinerary is perfect. Skip Chilika, enjoy the beach instead, its worthwhile.

Take taxi for drop off at Puri only. I would suggest to ask the hotel (if you have selected any) to do this pick-up and drop service. Hiring cab for the entire trip will not be feasible.

Get a bus from Belur which goes to Dharamtala (Esplanade). And get Tollygunge bound Metro from Esplanade Station. Deboard at Kalighat Station. The Kali Temple is walking distance from there.

Get any bus or minibus from Salt Lake (Karunamoyee) which goes to Theater Road / Bus stop - Birla Planatarium. Victoria is walking distance from the bus stop.

Unfortunately, the Tram services of Kolkata has been stopped in most of the routes. You can avail tram Near Gariahat at South Kolkata and Dalhousie Square and Dharamtala in Central Kolkata.

AshisRoy

Edited: 14 February 2012, 08:45
Jalandhar, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: accomodation

thanks a lot.in puri i am planning to stay in camelia or puri beach resort (which one do you recommend?)in bhubaneshwar hotel priya.and hotel shivansh or hotel heritage in kolkata.Sorry i am pestering you so much.lol.thanks anyways

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: accomodation

Thanks Ashish,

could you please confirm my following understanding..

Hotel holiday resort is a good place to stay in medium budget option, it is on the beach and commute to Shri Jagannath temple is simple/available (considering that my group primarily consists of senior citizens).