We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shillong Tour Query

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Shillong Tour Query

Me and my husband will go to meghalaya tour on coming December. We will cover the destinations Shillong, Cherapunji, Mawsynrum, Mawlynnong, Dwaki. Preferable stay in 3 star rated resort/hotel. It is good to share the cab with good co-tourists for sight seeing. Not sure where to stay, shillong or Cherapunji. Good suggestions accepted. Please inform me with a complete tour itinerary.

Looking forward for a quick response.

Thanking you,

Priyanka Mukherjee.

Call me on: 8282858839

Or contact me : priyankam472@gmail.com

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
6,580 posts
508 reviews
1. Re: Shillong Tour Query

Shillong, Cherrapunjee have good hotels. You can check hotel list on TripAdvisor.

No star resorts in Mawlynnong village, only basic family run guest houses.

Mawsynram can be skipped in Dec, it is mainly a monsoon destination.

Better to hire a cab from Guwahati for the entire tour than sharing cabs. Rental approx Rs.3000/day (incl fuel, driver)

Please do not mention your email ID on forums, you will receive lots of spam from travel agents.

Gangtok, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: Shillong Tour Query

Resorts: Royal Heritage Tripura Castle , Welcom Roseville

Hotels: Polo Towers, Centre Point, Pegasus Crown

Sohra: Polo Orchid Resort

^^ Recommended if you don't mind spending the money.

There are many other cheaper (sometimes better) options, but not necessarily classified as 3star.

If you find like minded co- passengers, it is good to share the cab to ease the travel cost.

Please provide your arrival/departure dates to suggest a tentative itinerary.

3. Re: Shillong Tour Query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 July 2017, 14:35
4. Re: Shillong Tour Query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2018, 09:47