We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coorg-ooty-kodaikanal in march

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
263 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
coorg-ooty-kodaikanal in march

6th

10:15 pm trian reaching manglore next day

7th

12:30 manglore. Lunch. Bus/cab to coorg. 120 kms.

8th

Site seeing in coorg. Night halt at coorg/mysore.

9th

Enroute to ooty.

10th , 11th, 12th

Kodaikanal

13th

To madurai and flight to mumbai

here are the questions i have:

1) i have given just over a day in coorg and slightly longer in ooty. is that enough?

2)what is the best possible transport from coorg to ooty and ooty to kodaikanal? And how long does it take?

3) I have kept 8th night halt at coorg or mysore. dont really intend to visit mysore. i read its easier to get to mysore from coorg and to ooty from mysore. If there are reasonably priced direct taxi options from coorg to ooty then mysore can be omitted.

4) what is the best journey in the toy train?

5) is it possible to hire a vehicle with driver ofcourse manglore and leave it at kodaikanal?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,652 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coorg-ooty-kodaikanal in march

kalyanikol

The answers :

1) The time given to Coorg is enough for the sight seeing.

2) Taxis are readily available in between these places. Journey time : Coorg - Ooty is 6 hrs and Ooty - Kodaikanal is 7 hrs approx.

3) No need to stay at Mysore, if you dont want that. The Taxi will go directly from Coorg to Ooty in 6 hrs.

4) The toy trains are ordinary passenger trains, possibly slowest mode of transport of that region. Although, you'll get good views from that.

5) You can hire the vehicle for the entire trip. www.southtourism.in is the renowned transport operator of South India. They are reliable.

Edited: 21 November 2011, 12:48
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
263 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coorg-ooty-kodaikanal in march

thank you very much for the post. will get back if in doubt.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
263 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coorg-ooty-kodaikanal in march

any recent updates on road conditions between mangalore and coorg? what would be the approx travel time? are there direct buses from coorg to ooty?

4. Re: coorg-ooty-kodaikanal in march

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2012, 15:53