We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jammu to Dalhousie

Mumbai, India
1 post
Save Topic
Jammu to Dalhousie

We are a family of four and will be travelling from Katra to Dalhousie. I have the following options in mind:

Option 1: Hire a taxi from Katra to Dalhousie.

Option 2: (a) Katra to Jammu by Taxi = Rs. 1200 (b) Jammu to Pathankot by train Rs. 80 * 4 = Rs. 320 (c) Pathankot to Dalhousie by Taxi = Rs. 1200. Total = Rs. 2720

I am not sure about the cost for option 1 and would like to know which one would be cheaper.

Also the train from Jammu to Pathankot i.e. Jat Adi Express departs at 0740 hrs. Please let me know if it would be feasible to travel from Katra to Jammu at 0530 – 0600 hrs in the morning?

I read in one of the posts that the road to Dalhousie is closed. What is the current status? If it is closed, please suggest a comparable nearby destination where we can spend 2-3 days.

Thank You!

Pahalgam, India
Destination Expert
for Jammu and Kashmir
Level Contributor
2,374 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jammu to Dalhousie

Dear,

You can also go to Dalhousie directly from Katra in cab via udhampur (dhar road) and you dont need to go through jammu.

Regards

Sunny

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jammu to Dalhousie

Is there any public transport available from Katra?

And can somebody answer the train option as I am also contemplating for the same in my future trip in May.

Which is the best option?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jammu to Dalhousie

Hi Gopur,

You can take a train from Jammu to Pathankot and from there by bus to Dalhousie. Or you can take a direct bus from Jammu to Dalhousie. The cab cost for indica (non ac from jammu to dalhousie is 3000/-

Hope this helped!

Gurgaon, Haryana...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Jammu to Dalhousie

Hi,

I am planning a trip to jammu (vaishnav devi) and then I am looking for a good Hill station nearby. Since you seem to be quite an expert about Dalhousie et al, can you suggest me a nice hill station?

How can I go to manali from there?

Thanks for the help.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jammu to Dalhousie

Hello,

Dalhousie is one of the best option from Vaishnodevi.

You can have one option which I explored last year.

Katra to Jammu either by taxi or bus

Then train till Pathankot

From Pathankoat taxi or bus till Dalhousie..

Its 80 kms journey from Pathankoat through beautiful mountains. It will take approximately 4 hours.

Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jammu to Dalhousie

Hi mayank

From Vaishno devi another good option is Patnitop, beautiful place to explore

7. Re: Jammu to Dalhousie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2013, 17:57
Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,806 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jammu to Dalhousie

Hi Mshah

Best is hire a cab from katra to dalhousie

9. Re: Jammu to Dalhousie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 10:51