We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in cleveland for after-wedding celebration

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in cleveland for after-wedding celebration

Hey guys, my fiancé and I are getting married Nov 4 in Pittsburgh pa. We wanted to spend the next 2 days out of town, and decided on Cleveland due to the closeness of our home and for the rock and roll hall of fame. (we are doing a Caribbean cruise in the spring but we just wanted out of town for a night)

So, we need ideas of things to do for 2 days (Sunday & Monday). The rock and roll hall of fame is deff on the list. We also enjoy hiking and relaxing so I thought the rocky river reservation would be nice as well.

we don't really want an hour by hour schedule, so just a few fun ideas that we could do would be nice.

also, we need a very nice restaurant to celebrate.

thanks in advance.

10 replies to this topic
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in cleveland for after-wedding celebration

oh, I also wanted to check out west side market. we will most likely stay at the Drury plaza hotel

ohio
Level Contributor
148 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in cleveland for after-wedding celebration

The Blue Point in the Warehouse District would be a great place for a wonderful celebratory dinner. They also have a great happy hour in their very cozy bar. I don't believe they have happy hour on Sunday's. It's a short walk from Public Square. For a more casual dining experience there are many options on E 4th. E 4th runs between Euclid Avenue and Prospect. Lots of choices and it's a walk only street. Outdoor dining is available at all the restaurants but the weather in early November may not work for dining outside but you never know.

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in cleveland for after-wedding celebration

I recommend Urban Farmer for your special dinner. It's in the beautiful Westin hotel downtown, and very close (just steps away) from the Drury. You might also want to consider Red the Steakhouse, which is on E 4th street. I wouldn't want to walk there from the Drury in nice shoes, but you can easily get a cab or Uber.

If you want to get out of downtown proper, I recommend Edwin's, which is one of the finest restaurants in the city and has a great philanthropical cause behind it as well: https://edwinsrestaurant.org/about-us/

The Cleveland Museum of Art is world-class and all the main exhibits are always free.

Downtown fun places include the Corner Alley on E 4th (bowling), Hilarities/Pickwick & Frolic, which often hosts stand-up comedy acts and live theatrical experiences, or head down to the East bank of the Flats and hit Punch Bowl Social for a relaxing game of bowling or arcade games. If you really like arcade though, you'll want to Lakewood and go to 16-Bit, stocked with all the old favorite arcade games and pinball machines. Play is FREE.

ohio
Level Contributor
449 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in cleveland for after-wedding celebration

Chelsea S - For hiking, you might also want to think about the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Some nice trails about 30 minutes south of downtown.

What type of food do you like? BTW, it does look like Blue Point still has happy hours on Sundays. www.bluepointgrille.com/Menu/Default.aspx Another restaurant to consider is Pier W. It's in Lakewood which is a short drive west. It has a beautiful view of the lake. Both Blue Point and Pier W are seafood oriented. http://pierw.com/

Ohio
Level Contributor
35 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days in cleveland for after-wedding celebration

The Cleveland Museum of Art is just jaw dropping on the inside and it's collection will surprise. Monet, Rodin, Rothko, Warhol, not to mention fabulous Asian collection. You'll be amazed! But the museum, which is totally free due to its astounding endowment, is closed Monday's so plan ahead.

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
88 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 days in cleveland for after-wedding celebration

East 4th street downtown (gateway district) is a good area to visit, several good restaurants including Michael Symon's Lola and Mabel's BBQ along with several other restaurants and bars. This area is near Quicken Loans Arena (Cavs) and Progressive Field for Cleveland Indians .

Also Ohio City neighborhood has lots of brewery restaurant/bars - Great Lakes Brewing is very good and popular place , they also offer brewery tours which can be booked online. They are across the street from the West Side Market.

The East Bank of the Flats is really nice also and is on the river - lots of restaurants, Alley Cat Oyster Bar,

Collision Bend Brewing, and many more.

Tremont neighborhood also has several good restaurants, its more of a residential neighborhood.

It's very easy and short Uber ride between these neighborhoods of downtown Cleveland.

North Ridgeville...
Level Contributor
59 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 days in cleveland for after-wedding celebration

University Circle is a neighborhood in Cleveland that I can recommend. Here, you will find the Cleveland Museum of Art. It's free, and we have some of Claude Monet's work on display here, as well as Pablo Picasso's. Also in University Circle, is Severance Hall. This is where the Cleveland Orchestra has performances, but you'll have to check their schedule, for this attraction, if you are interested in that. For dinning, what kinds of cuisines do you enjoy? Little Italy is close-by to University Circle, if you want Italian. I haven't been to one of the Italian restaurants there, so I can't give a suggestion in that regard. If you want something more casual, East 4th Street is where to go. Just be aware that on nights when one of the sports teams are playing, it gets busy, at this is the "go-to" spot, for watching the game.

Jacksonville FL
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 days in cleveland for after-wedding celebration

Oh my gosh - I love Cleveland! Took my daughter there this summer on a fluke and we had a blast! Highly recommend West Side Market but check hours before you go. We also walked to Tremont while in that area. RnR hall of fame is incredible! A visit to Heinin's grocery is worth it. The art museum is great and botanical garden is nice. Visit the Flats area. For restaurants, we loved Greenhouse Tavern, Barrio and Pho Thang Cafe. Stay at the Drury - rooms were very luxurious and price good if there's not an NFL game in town. Have fun!

ohio
Level Contributor
148 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 days in cleveland for after-wedding celebration

As a Clevelander I love your comments and I am so glad you had a great time in our city! Thank you for posting about your visit. It's nice to know what visitors think about a visit here. You definitely hit some good spots! I am a Heinen's shopper so I completely understand your comment. They renovated a former bank and it's incredible! Who would think to comment about a grocery store! Ha! Thanks for your comments.

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
534 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 days in cleveland for after-wedding celebration

Cleveland's museum district and if you like seafood the blue point grill.

Reply to: 2 days in cleveland for after-wedding celebration
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted