We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest train station to Rushden

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
2 reviews
Nearest train station to Rushden

Hi, could anybody tell me please which is the nearest train station to Rushden, specifically Rushden Cemetery? Also how far that station is from the cemetery - taxi or bus it?

TIA

7 replies to this topic
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,963 posts
1 review
1. Re: Nearest train station to Rushden

Wellingborough is the nearest - looks like a couple of miles. Depending on where you are coming from Kettering or Bedford might be easier to reach by train in which case it's 5-6 miles

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Nearest train station to Rushden

That was quick! I'm coming from Brighton, E Sussex

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,394 posts
3. Re: Nearest train station to Rushden

The cemetery is about 9 miles from Wellingborough Town Centre

There's a frequent bus from there to Rushden Town Centre - but it's a fair walk (15 minutes in each case)from the station to the centre and from Rushden centre to the Cemetery

There's an infrequent local bus from Rushden Town Centre to the cemetery

Bedford and Kettering are further - at least 13 miles though you may find the connections easier

Try the traveline SE journey planner it will probably give you an itinerary from Brighton

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,430 posts
52 reviews
4. Re: Nearest train station to Rushden

If you are travelling at a weekend and going to a funeral, I urge you to double-check the trains and be prepared to set off early.

I know of people who have missed funerals because they didn't check their journeys and got caught out by extended journey times due to engineering works.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Nearest train station to Rushden

Thanks all for the advice. I think I will settle on Wellingborough + taxi as it seems the nearest to Rushden town if I want to visit there as well.

Edited: 30 August 2013, 15:30
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Nearest train station to Rushden

wirewiper, good point, will be going on a weekday and to pay my respects rather than to an actual funeral. But funny you should say that as I nearly missed my own father's funeral due to the train breaking down just outside the station, and then had to make a mad dash to the crem just as it was starting. But I know he would have had a good laugh at that!!

East Midlands
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
90 reviews
7. Re: Nearest train station to Rushden

Without doubt, Wellingborough is the nearest station and then it will have the shortest (and cheapest) taxi journey. Wellingborough and Kettering are on the same line so you gain little (nothing, actually) by staying on and going to Kettering.

There is not much to see in Rushden Town Centre so don't think you'll be able to fill a day there unless you have specific plans. Wellingborough Town Centre, whilst bigger than Rushden, is also not blessed with many "tourist delights".

Reply to: Nearest train station to Rushden
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wellingborough