We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dzitnup

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
93 reviews
Dzitnup

I thought I'd post here after the really enjoyable trip we took out to this cenote a couple of days ago (and I mean Dzitnup/Xkeken). Hopefully it will help anyone else who want to go but is relying on public transportation...but I will also put a longer version in the "Attractions" section.

Easy to do using collectivos/taxis. We paid 20p each for the 10-15 minute ride, were let off right at the entrance. 61p each for admission now. Hardly anyone there around noon - in fact except for the attendant, Benjamin, we were alone for almost all of the 2 hours we spent there. Excellent facilities, food available, any equipment you might want to rent (mask, vest, etc.) By far the prettiest cenote we've ever visited (Good enough for the National Geographic cover), and the only time so far in our lives we've had tiny fish nibbling at our feet, screeching bats far overhead, and the sun streaming through a hole in the cavernous roof. 70p taxi ride back to town. Great day! Special thanks to this forum's own Wm Lawson, whose blog on this topic we read beforehand.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
93 reviews
21. Re: Dzitnup

So it sounds to me that from the list of done/not done, it's still Dzibilchaltun. This is assuming a lot - and I will apologize in advance if necessary - but if you want to add even more layers to your experiences/time in the area...learn some Mayan (that will at least take care of the pronunciation issue), and learn how to dance. Orale!

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
570 posts
294 reviews
22. Re: Dzitnup

"Learn how to dance"?? You must have seen me dancing in the Valladolid plaza a few weeks back. I think learning some spanish might help me a little more!

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
93 reviews
23. Re: Dzitnup

Nope, sorry, we didn't see you. There was no dancing to be found in V during our stay, otherwise we'd have been dancing too. And yes, learning Spanish would add a lot to your trips. Of course I didn't know that you don't speak it, and that's one thing I never like to assume, one way or the other. Good luck if you decide to give it a go....

24. Re: Dzitnup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2016, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Valladolid
Recent Conversations