We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Tia Micha or El Meson Del Marques

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
177 posts
8 reviews
Casa Tia Micha or El Meson Del Marques

Can anyone give advice over which place would be better to stay with 2 kids for 3 nights in October. They both get good reviews and are similar price.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
314 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: Casa Tia Micha or El Meson Del Marques

I have not stayed at Casa Tia Micha, but I have stayed at Meson del Marques, and I think it would be a great place for you and your kids. It is right downtown and across from the main square, so there is a lot of activity around. The hotel is large enough that there are many types of rooms, and a little bit of noise would not be noticed. The grounds are large enough for running around and there is a very nice swimming pool in the center.

The restaurant is lovely and in the historic courtyard, do there are things to look at. Also the menu offers a wide variety.

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
570 posts
294 reviews
2. Re: Casa Tia Micha or El Meson Del Marques

We just stayed at the Meson for a week and loved it. The rooms were comfortable and the food good. They even set up a large tv screen for the super bowl even there were not too many americans staying there when we visited. We even rented bikes there which was a lot of fun.

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
3. Re: Casa Tia Micha or El Meson Del Marques

How was the restaurant? I greatly enjoy it but some of my colleagues on this forum are not fans.

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
570 posts
294 reviews
4. Re: Casa Tia Micha or El Meson Del Marques

I had poc chuc at our first dinner and I thought it was delicious. The other three in our party loved our dinners there except for my wife who had one meal she didn't really go for. She tried something different so I can't say if it was the unfamiliarity of the dish or if it wasn't cooked well. My second dinner was turkey in a black sauce that I thought was awesome. All our desserts were excellent too. My gang are big egg eaters and loved the breakfast choices. They offer 5 egg dishes and a fruit plate. Fresh bread and a papaya spread that was good too. They called it continental breakfast and it was included in the room price. Much more than the continental breakfast I'm used to back here in the states. And what can I say about the patio surrounding the fountain. A truly beautiful place to eat. maybe your friend just had a mediocre meal one time. It happens.

I don't know if they are under new management or not but they are really being watched closely. Brief surveys after all meals, and your bar drinks are free if the server doesn't hand you the slip personally. I've been there a few times over the years and I don't remember things like that happening.

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,969 posts
5. Re: Casa Tia Micha or El Meson Del Marques

Sounds like you had relleno negro! I love it the first time and like it the second, but the way it is served after parties and events, I just can't stomach it the third, fourth, and fifth time. I used to love El Meson years ago because it was the only place I could get actual brewed coffee and not Nescafe, but I have never eaten there.

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
157 reviews
6. Re: Casa Tia Micha or El Meson Del Marques

Tia Micha is a more homey feel while Meson is a larger more touristy hotel. Depends on what you are looking for. Also Casa Hamaca is nice.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,625 posts
159 reviews
7. Re: Casa Tia Micha or El Meson Del Marques

Agree with BL. To me, Tia Micha is a much better choice.

When I lived in Valladolid, my problem with the Meson restaurant was not so much the food, which I found ok, but the fact I was there several times when the tour buses were there and , as a single diner, was almost ignored by the servers. In my opinion, an OK tourist spot but better choices available.

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
570 posts
294 reviews
8. Re: Casa Tia Micha or El Meson Del Marques

I walked into the little courtyard in Tia Micha one morning. Absolutely charming. I met a couple there having coffee who raved about the place.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
177 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: Casa Tia Micha or El Meson Del Marques

I'm leaning a bit more towards Tia Micha as it looks a bit more boutique and quieter.

10. Re: Casa Tia Micha or El Meson Del Marques

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2016, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Valladolid
Recent Conversations