We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cenote -- Zaci or Ik-Kil???

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Cenote -- Zaci or Ik-Kil???

Hi, We are in a group of 8 and are trying to figure out Tour Groups --

Some tour companies go to Ik-Kil including Swimming; and others go to Zaci without swimming.

Which Cenote is more beautiful to see -- Ik Kil or Zaci? Is swimming in the Cenote important?

Also, is it important to watch the Light and Sound show at Chichen?

Thank you T.A.'s! Looking forward for replies :)

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
151 reviews
1. Re: Cenote -- Zaci or Ik-Kil???

Cenote Zaci is historically important, but to me, is not very pretty. A lot of people go there, though. Even though it's very small, the most photogenic in the Yucatan Peninsula is Cenote Dzitnup. If I wanted to swim, however, I would definitely choose Cenote Ik Kil. As for the light show at Chichen-Itza, I personally don't recommend it, but you might enjoy it. It's up to you!

P.S. - You don't have to post the same question on multiple forums here. They all show up in the main Yucatan Peninsula forum page, so everyone can see them.

Edited: 15 December 2011, 07:50
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
2. Re: Cenote -- Zaci or Ik-Kil???

haha okay! I was just afraid that my messages were not posted at the right place and people will ignore it :P

Thank you for the response! However I haven't found any tour that goes to Dzitnup tho... >_< Any recommendations?

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
151 reviews
3. Re: Cenote -- Zaci or Ik-Kil???

You don't need a tour to Cenote Dzitnup. Just take a taxi there, for it's just on the outskirts of Valladolid. Also, there's a small animal zoo onsite.

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
570 posts
294 reviews
4. Re: Cenote -- Zaci or Ik-Kil???

We're a group of 7 and we're renting bikes for a day while we stay in Valladolid. we plan on riding to the cenote and a few other places not too far from Valladolid. Mexigo tours has almost 20 bikes according to an email they sent me. If you are staying in Valladolid.

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
863 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Cenote -- Zaci or Ik-Kil???

You might also want to check out Ditnup and Samula... two cenotes on the west side of Valladoiid. Zaci in IN town and Ik-kil is just west.

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
570 posts
294 reviews
6. Re: Cenote -- Zaci or Ik-Kil???

Check out my other post on Hacienda San Lorenzo Oxman, just outside of town. A quick bike ride or a quicker cab ride. Beautiful pool and a deep cenote with a really fun rope swing in it.

7. Re: Cenote -- Zaci or Ik-Kil???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2013, 15:47
Get answers to your questions about Valladolid