We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valladoild to Tulum late evening cheap buses ?

Philadelphia, US
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Valladoild to Tulum late evening cheap buses ?

Hello,

I plan on staying two nights in Valladoild and doing the MexiGo tours to Chichen Itza and Ek Balam.

I wanted to know if there are late evening buses from Valladoild to Tulum around 7 or 8 pm. I will be back from my tour by 7 and would love to leave right away ... is it a 3 hour bus ride to Tulum ?

Or should I instead take the morning bus ... if the route is scenic ?

Thanks,

Philadelphia, US
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
1. Re: Valladoild to Tulum late evening cheap buses ?

Oh also if anyone can point me to bus hours from Cancun to Valladoild in the afternoons ?

Somehow the bus link I am accessing is in spanish and say 155 $ !!! Should it be 115 pesos ??

Thanks !

Southern California
Level Contributor
15,445 posts
1 review
2. Re: Valladoild to Tulum late evening cheap buses ?

Pretty sure there is a collectivo from Valladolid to Ek Balam, not sure about how to get to CI (always rent a car myself), so no need to take a tour, you can hire a guide at the ruins themselves if you wish. I did so for Ek Balam and got so much more out of it, he was INAH licensed and well skilled about the site. Did not hire a guide at CI, but did not stay there long, it was so hot, we got there late.

Haven't taken the bus, but since it is a Mexican bus line the prices are most likely to be in pesos.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,615 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Valladoild to Tulum late evening cheap buses ?

ado.com.mx

13:25 $136.00 2:15

17:10 $136.00 2:15

18:15 $136.00 2:15

The national currency in Mexico is pesos.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,202 posts
74 reviews
4. Re: Valladoild to Tulum late evening cheap buses ?

$ is the peso sign.

I've noticed that "cheap" buses, the 2nd-class ones, start reeally early in the morning, and it wouldn't surprise me if they ran reeealy late as well. They're how the working-class locals get around, and they work at all hours.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,397 posts
157 reviews
5. Re: Valladoild to Tulum late evening cheap buses ?

I lived in Valladolid and the Oriente and Mayab second class buses pretty much run at all hours. Only way to know is tocheck at the bus terminal. The ADO buses are first class and not likely what you want since you asked for cheap.

Philadelphia, US
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
6. Re: Valladoild to Tulum late evening cheap buses ?

Awesome guys !

Yeah one reason to look for the second class is too travel with the local people and have some good conversations on along the way :) First class is not my style :)

looking forward to my adventures !

any recommendations for local things to do in Valladolid ?

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
7. Re: Valladoild to Tulum late evening cheap buses ?

Rent a bike or take a colectivo to Cenote Keken. Rent a bike or take a colectivo (actually just a taxi, but a shared one) to Cenote Xlakaj south of Valladolid. It'd probably be a taxi to Xocen that you want to take but you'd tell them to drop you off at the cenote. Go see the Chan Santa Cruz in Xocen. Don't eat at El Bazaar in the main square...gross!!!!! For breakfast, go to the small dark place just across from Elektra (which is next to Hotel Zaci) instead. It's called Don~a Hermelinda, I think.

8. Re: Valladoild to Tulum late evening cheap buses ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2012, 15:51
Get answers to your questions about Valladolid
Recent Conversations