We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from cancun airport to Valladolid

Bell Florida
Level Contributor
107 posts
taxi from cancun airport to Valladolid

Is it possible to take a taxi from cancun airport to Valladolid? We are 2 grandparents with 13 year old grandaughter and my husband does not want to drive. I know you can go from airport to bus station and take bus from there but we don't speak spanish and that might be more stressful. Any ideas?

When we are at Valladolids we plan on going to Rio Lagartos but I imagine the hotel could be helpful choosing a tour from there.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,711 posts
160 reviews
1. Re: taxi from cancun airport to Valladolid

It is possible to take a taxi anywhere for a price but it will be very expensive--I have no idea the cost. Really the lack of spanish would not be a problem with the bus.

Probably the hotel can help with the tour to rio lagartos--although Valladolid hotels dont get too many people asking for tours.

IHX
Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
2. Re: taxi from cancun airport to Valladolid

Out of curiousity, we asked about a that once, and it was was about 2500 pesos if I recall correctly.

Robert is right. The bus is easy. There are people in the bus station who speak English. You want the ADO 1st class bus. The first class waiting area is to your right after you buy your ticket. You have to have proof of a first class ticket to get in there. We did the trip with our 3 grandsons. They loved it.

Bell Florida
Level Contributor
107 posts
3. Re: taxi from cancun airport to Valladolid

I haven't been able to access the cancun to valladolid bus schedule to determine what time the last bus leaves(we arrive at 2:20 but have to go through customs and take taxi to bus station). The bus would be more reasonable unless we had to stay overnight in Cancun.

IHX
Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
4. Re: taxi from cancun airport to Valladolid

There is a 5:30 bus. You will get there in plenty of time. The airport bus runs every half hour to the downtown bus station.

IHX
Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
5. Re: taxi from cancun airport to Valladolid

ADO aloffers service between the airport and the downtown Cancun bus terminal. It is a direct service--you can't get on or off just anywhere. The cost is $35 pesos one way for both locals and tourists. They are big, nice, air-conditioned and that there is room for luggage. Service starts at 4:30 a.m. downtown, and the last one leaves the airport for downtown at 12:20 a.m., and they run about every 30 minutes. For more precise times, check www.ticketbus.com.mx The tickets are sold at the ADO window, or you can buy them from any red-shirted ADO rep outside the terminal. They will also tell you where to catch the bus and help you with your luggage.

The ADO 1st class buses from Cancun to Valladolid leave at 4:30, 8:00, 9:00, 11:30, 14:30, and 17:30. The cost is 118 pesos

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,711 posts
160 reviews
6. Re: taxi from cancun airport to Valladolid

As mentioned, the ADO buses are very comfortable buses with reserved seats, Cancun to Valladolid. I would much prefer them not only for price but for the comfort factor over a taxi to Valladolid.

new york
Level Contributor
766 posts
1 review
7. Re: taxi from cancun airport to Valladolid

I may be arriving to Cancun. Should I go first to Merida or Valladolid. I'm trying to put a route together. What are the traveling times (by bus). Thanks.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,711 posts
160 reviews
8. Re: taxi from cancun airport to Valladolid

Really, just a matter of what you prefer. Valladolid is about half way between Cancun and Merida and about 2 1/2 hours from either by ADO first class. You can see times and prices at www.ticketbus.com.mx but be aware, for some reason, they no longer list Valladolid.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,728 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: taxi from cancun airport to Valladolid

Robert, that explains why I can't find Valladolid. Does one use Merida for the destination?

Obviously Cancun for the origin

Bell Florida
Level Contributor
107 posts
10. Re: taxi from cancun airport to Valladolid

ADO not listing Valladolid is what worries me.