We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference between Casa Marlene and Casa Tia Micha

dmd
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
238 posts
25 reviews
Difference between Casa Marlene and Casa Tia Micha

I know these hotels are owned by the same family but I can’t tell how they are different. This site says they’re very different but I can’t find any info on how they differ. Casa Tia Micha is just slightly more money. Is it nicer? Is one more charming? Bigger? More open? Is one quieter? Is one two story and the other one story? Does one have more outdoor space or balconies? The rooms look similar on their site but the rooms at Casa Tia Micha seem to more sold out.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thx!

2 replies to this topic
Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
491 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Difference between Casa Marlene and Casa Tia Micha

I have only stayed at Casa Marlene but it’s my understanding that the only pool is at Casa Marlene. The rear courtyard at Casa Marlene is truly magnificent. There is one suite at Casa Marlene that is two floors (Rosa Maria). A living area on the main floor and bedroom and bathroom on the second floor. I’ve stayed in that suite as well as the Don Luis suite which is off the back courtyard (all rooms at Casa Marlene except Rosa Maria are located in the back). I haven’t stayed at Tia Micha because both hubby and myself love the back courtyard at Casa Marlene.

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
419 posts
119 reviews
2. Re: Difference between Casa Marlene and Casa Tia Micha

Hi DMD - I hope I can help a bit about the two hotels. We were just in Valladolid 4 months ago, and are going back again in 3 months.

We stayed at Casa Tia Micha and our friends stayed in Casa Marlene when we were there last.

I'll tell you the best I can about the two. I am IN LOVE with both places. We are staying at Casa Marlene when we go back in a few months.

First of all the staff could NOT be nicer! Because our friends were staying at Casa Marlene, hubby and I would go over to Casa Marlene in the morning for breakfast, and then also in the evening to have cocktails by the pool. You can have your choice of where to have breakfast by the way. Just tell the staff the night before and they will have it ready for you at the location of your choice.

Before I go into detail, I believe the "home base" for the staff and the owners is at Casa Marlene. That is where the large kitchen is and where they make the breakfast, and where most of the staff are. If you were to call the hotel, I believe it rings into Casa Marlene. I think it's just where they have their home base, because the kitchen is big, and the entry way is much bigger than Casa Tia Micha. But dont let that discourage you because you get fantastic service equally at both places.

Pools:

Casa Tia Micha has what you call a "soaking pool". In Mexico it's not really called a jacuzzi, it's more of a soaking pool. The weather can be very hot, so they have what you call a soaking pool to cool off. It's basically the size of a large Jacuzzi. It's a very nice area, and the soaking pool will comfortably seat about 5 people.

Casa Marlene has a pool and a soaking pool, both. The courtyard for Casa Marlene is larger than Casa Tia Micha, so the pool has I believe two to four loungers around it and a little table with four chairs. It's where we hung out in the evening with cocktails. It's not a large pool but certainly sufficient to relax in the evening after exploring.

Rooms:

The rooms at both places are probably very comparable. I wont go into the rooms because they are pretty much the same. However, Casa Marlene's rooms (6 total) are all on the ground floor. Casa Tia Micha (I believe has 6 rooms also) but they do have 3 rooms that you have to take stairs to get to. So three rooms upstairs and 3 rooms downstairs.

Courtyard

The courtyard for Casa Tia Micha is outstanding. Just so secluded and beautiful. There are about 8 wrought iron tables scattered around to sit at. I would see people in the evening reading books at the tables or having a glass of wine, etc. In the morning, that is where breakfast is served, if you wish to eat at Casa Tia Micha. The foliage is outstanding. It's like you are in an oasis. The building is painted wonderful warm colors so you are surrounded by the beautiful colored walls and trees and greenery it's just outstanding. The evening is soooo cozy.

The courtyard for Casa Marlene is much larger, as I said. Not as, pretty and colorful as Casa Tia Micha, but certainly wonderful. It has a feel that it's the home base. If that makes any sense. They have a grand dining room with utterly gorgeous tile flooring and also tables outside to eat breakfast if you wish to eat breakfast at Casa Marlene.

Casa Marlene and Casa Tia Micha both use to be family homes. Casa Marlene was a home of a larger family, so the courtyard is large, and the beautiful tiled entryway is simply stunning.

If you end up staying at either place, trust me, you will NOT be disappointed at either one. You can bounce back and forth to both locations if you choose, and the staff will know who you are and are so welcoming at either place. They are on the same street, literally a few doors down from each other. And also, a few minutes away from the main Square.

Please message me if you have any questions as I would be happy to answer any you may have.

We can't wait to go back and would not think of staying anywhere else.

Edited: 05 August 2018, 09:11
Reply to: Difference between Casa Marlene and Casa Tia Micha
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Valladolid
Recent Conversations